forty eight | christian arroyo

they ship it | for karina

"Kari!"

She looked up at the familiar sound of her teammate, Anthony Rizzo, calling her name. She sighed. What was he bothering her with this time?

"Come here!" he called, gesturing towards himself frantically.

Being the first woman in the MLB, Karina rarely got a break, especially when she was around Rizzo. He was friendly, but sometimes a little bit overbearing.

Karina reluctantly shuffled over to where Anthony was standing, finding that he and Kris were talking to a few of the opposing Giants players. They were Buster Posey and probably the last person Karina had expected to see; Christian Arroyo. The 22-year-old, who was a mere year older than Karina, had just gotten called up to the majors recently. Kari had never gotten the chance to meet him, but she thought he was cute.

"Kari, this is Christian," Anthony introduced.

"I know Christian," Kari said with a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"N-nice to meet you too," Christian stuttered.

From next to her, Karina spotted Kris and Anthony exchange a look and Buster try to suppress a smirk. Christian was obviously very nervous upon meeting Karina, which seemed to lead them all to one conclusion; Christian had a crush on Karina.

"Hey, Kris, we should, uh," Anthony paused, trying to think of an excuse to leave the two alone. Karina almost rolled her eyes: sometimes, her teammates were crazy.

Kris didn't need an excuse as he nodded before waving goodbye to Buster and Christian and leaving with Anthony. Karina sighed before turning back to the two.

"I'll leave you two alone," Buster said, not being subtle at all. He winked at Karina, which went unseen by Christian, before walking back to the dugout.

"Sorry about them," Karina said with a sigh. "Kris and Anthony can be too much sometimes."

Seeming to have regained his composure, Christian responded, "It's fine. My teammates can be, too."

"Well, at least we have one thing in common," Karina noted, glancing back to the Cubs dugout, where a group, which of course included Kris and Anthony, seemed to be trying to make it look like they weren't staring at the two(they weren't doing a very good job, obviously).

Christian smiled. "Yeah, we do."

They two continued to talk for a while and hit it off very well. Christian was kind and, not to mention, cute, but eventually, they were both forced to go back to their dugouts. As soon as Karina stepped down onto the first stair to the dugout, Kris and Anthony were in front of her.

"So, do you like him?" Anthony questioned, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yeah, do you?" Kris joined in.

Karina rolled her eyes. "No, I don't like him."

"Your face says differently," Javy chimed in from where he was sitting on the bench.

Karina didn't respond. She walked by Kris and Anthony and down the tunnel to the clubhouse.

By the last game of their four game series against the Giants, she quickly realized that her teammates were right. She was head over heels in love with Christian Arroyo.

As she left the field after the last game of the season, she wondered how she could get in touch with him. Her thoughts were heard, it seemed, as a familiar voice called out to her.

She turned around to see Christian running towards her. Her heart leaped in her chest as he jogged towards her, stopping in front her.

"Christian?" she questioned quietly.

"Karina," he said, looking at her with wide eyes like he didn't quite know what to say. "Hi."

Karina smiled. "Hi."

"Can I have your number?" he asked quickly, obviously nervous about his question. "So I can, y-y'know--"

"Of course," she answered, saving him the trouble of having to form his sentence in his embarrassed state.

He muttered, "Oh, alright," before pulling out and unlocking his phone and handing it to her. She typed her number in quickly before handing it back to him.

"I'll keep in touch, Christian," she said, giving him one last smile before walking away from the dumbfounded boy.

What am I getting myself into?

after approximately one million years i am back

(jk it was like two weeks)

school is starting soon but i'm gonna try to keep updating

also i doubt kari remembers requesting this bc it was so long ago but please go follow her if you haven't already she's amazing

08.22.17