thirty one | giancarlo stanton

guilty | for chelsie

"Chelsie."

"Chelsie."

"Chelsie!"

You snapped out of your trance, looking over at your friend, Taylor.

"What?" you questioned.

"Look over there," she said, pointing across the room. When you saw who she was pointing at, you froze.

Giancarlo Stanton.

You and Giancarlo had broken up a few months prior to the party you were currently at. You had been dating for almost a year before then. You weren't really sure where things had gone wrong, but you both felt that things had to end. The break up had been mutual.

That didn't mean you didn't miss him. Sure, it wasn't breaking your heart to not be with him, but you missed him as a person. Giancarlo had been nothing but good to you and you missed the memories you had with him. You weren't in love with him anymore but part of you still missed him. It hurt to see him; especially when he was with another girl.

"What is he doing at a party like this?" Katherine questioned.

"I don't know," you answered as your eyes shifted to the girl he was with. She was a fair amount shorter than him and had straight, black hair that flowed down her back. She was standing very close to him, holding onto his right arm as he talked to someone.

"You should go talk to him," Taylor suggested.

"I'm not going to do that, especially when he's here with another girl," you told her. You looked over at him again. "I guess he moved on pretty fast."

Throughout the night you continued to hang out with your friends and party like usual. However, you found yourself looking at Giancarlo a lot. The girl he was with never left his side and seemed to be dragging him around. He didn't seem bothered by it, though.

"Are you going to go over there?" Odell questioned, noticing that you were looking at him.

"No, he looks like he's having fun with her. I won't interrupt them," you said.

"Drink?" Kyrie offered, holding a beer out towards you. You took it before opening it and taking a sip.

When you saw Giancarlo kiss her, you had to step outside. You walked out onto the balcony, the cold air cooling your skin as you looked out at the starry night sky.

"Hey," a familiar voice called, interrupting the silence. You turned to see Giancarlo.

"Hey," you responded quietly as you turned back around, leaning against the railing. He walked up to stand next to you, doing the same. "I didn't expect to see you at a party like this."

"Angelina wanted me to come. She seemed really excited about it," Giancarlo explained.

You hummed in response, silence falling between you for a moment. "She seems nice."

"She is," he answered, a small smile forming on his face. "I think I'm starting to like her, but I feel bad."

"Why?" you questioned curiously.

"I feel guilty for dating her because I still miss you."

You looked over at him, meeting his eyes. "I don't know what to say, Giancarlo..." you said quietly.

"I know our break up was mutual, but I really do miss you. I made a mistake and I... I guess I'm trying to get over you with her," he admitted.

It was silent for a few moments. "Well," you began, turning to face him. You pulled him closer to you. "I miss you, too."

ty for the request

ty for the request

06.04.17