sixteen | scott kazmir

merry christmas | for cameron

"I don't know what to get him, (Friend's Name)," you repeated, putting your elbows on the table in front of you and running both hands through your hair

"I don't know what to get him, (Friend's Name)," you repeated, putting your elbows on the table in front of you and running both hands through your hair. You were at the mall, doing some last minute Christmas shopping with your friend, and you were trying to figure out what to get your boyfriend, Scott.

"You're telling him he's going to be a father, Cameron. I think that's a pretty damn good present," she reasoned.

"There's still the possibility he doesn't want a child," you argued.

(Friend's Name) leaned down, hitting her head on the table three times before sitting up straight again. She leaned forward, putting her right elbow on the table. She let out a large breath.

"We've been over this, Cameron," she began.

"But still..." you whined.

"Just trust me on this. He wants a child. He's told me that he wants to have a child with you. He's gonna be happy."

You sighed, putting your head in your hands. "We should just go. I don't wanna think about this for any longer."

-

You pulled the white blanket over your head, trying to block out the sunlight streaming through the window of you and Scott's room.

"Get up, Cameron," Scott spoke softly, resting his hand on your back.

"Five more minutes," you muttered, lifting your head and turning away from him.

He chuckled softly, lifting the blanket off of your head. "You said that five minutes ago."

"I mean it this time."

"Well," he began, grunting slightly as he sat up. "I'm going to make breakfast." He pressed a kiss to your hair before getting up. You smiled even though your face was hidden by the pillow.

As he left you turned back to him, opening your eyes slightly. He was wearing his boxers and one of the shirts you had bought him previously. It still made you happy to be able to wake up next to him, especially because he was gone for so long every year.

When did I get so lucky? you thought as you turned over, looking up at the ceiling. Everything felt surreal. You were here, spending yet another Christmas with the one you loved the most. He had been your boyfriend for almost three years, and soon he was going to be the father of you child.

Shit. You had almost forgotten about that. Now, you were dreading getting up even more. You were scared about how he was going to react. Sure, you knew he loved you but was he ready for a child with his busy schedule? Were you ready? You still weren't quite sure.

You sighed before gathering the strength to get up. You pulled the covers off you as you dangled your feet over the side of the bed before getting up slowly. You walked over to your dresser, opening the top drawer. Instead of finding your clothes, you found Scott's. You mentally slapped yourself. You guessed this showed how nervous you really were.