twenty nine | andrew benintendi

family

"Are you five ready to go?" you asked excitedly, grinning

There were multiple cheers of "Yes!" as your kids jumped up and down in excitement. It was a big day for you and every Red Sox fan; it was Game 7 of the World Series.

The Red Sox had fought long and hard to get there. You had never been more proud of your husband, Andrew Benintendi, who was helping to lead the team to victory. You knew it wasn't going to be easy - the Cubs were a good team - but you knew they could do it.

Little to say, your five kids, Luke, Cole, Allie, Madison, and Chloe, were very excited. The twins, Luke and Cole, were 8 years old, Allie was 7, Madison was 5, and Chloe was 4. Taking care of five kids was hard work, but you and Andrew wouldn't have it any other way.

You made sure the kids were bundled up before heading out into the cold Boston air. You were walking to the subway, where you would get a ride to the closest stop to Fenway before walking there. You held Chloe in your arms and you made sure the other children were close by as you walked.

Before you knew it you were walking towards Fenway - something that you had done many times. The view when walking towards Fenway never got old. It was something you would always remember, even if you moved away from Boston.

You made sure the kids were settled and comfortable in their seats before sitting down. You still had Chloe in your arms, as she didn't like sitting in her own seat quite yet. You sighed, nerves getting to you again.  You still couldn't believe you were here.

You weren't ready for this at all.

-

With good starts from Red Sox pitcher Chris Sale and Cubs' pitcher Kyle Hendricks and good pitching by both bullpens, the game was tied 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth. There were two outs and no runners on with Andrew at bat.

You and your kids cheered loudly along with the rest of the crowd, waiting for something big to happen. You held your breath as the pitch was delivered. Andrew swung at it, making solid contact. It felt as if everything was in slow motion as you watched the ball soar over the Green Monster and out of the park. You couldn't even cheer. You were speechless.

The Red Sox had just won the World Series.

You watched, tears welling your eyes as Andrew rounded the bases. He pointed up at you like he always did when he hit home runs at games. However, this time it meant more than any other. As the team met him at the plate, celebrating the win that they had been fighting for for so long, you were filled with nothing but happiness.

-

"Daddy!" Allie called, running towards Andrew. He leaned down and picked her up, grinning as he held her in his arms. Luke and Cole were the next to run to him with Madison close behind. He put Allie down and crouched down to hug the other three children.

You stood a few feet away with Chloe standing next to you, her small hands grasping a few of your fingers. Your eyes were welling with tears again. You had a good 30 minutes to let it sink in, but it still hadn't fully. Seeing Andrew had just made you emotional again.

Chloe let your hand go, walking over to Andrew. The other children moved out of the way to make room for her and Andrew hugged her tightly.

Lastly, he turned to you. He stood up slowly, just looking at you. You could tell he was on the verge of tears. He walked towards you and you did the same, hugging him tightly. You pulled away after a few long moments, but just enough so you could kiss him.

You whispered, "I am so, so proud of you."

that gif i cant its too cute ugh

ty for the request