forty four | andrew benintendi

walk off

You bit your lip, focusing on the TV screen

You bit your lip, focusing on the TV screen. You were watching the Red Sox game, and though they were playing at Fenway and you were usually there to support your boyfriend, Andrew Benintendi, you were sick and stuck at home. 

You had secretly taken a nap before the game so you could stay up to watch. He wanted you to get some rest, but you didn't want to miss a game. You were glad that you did because with the rain still pouring down, they were in the bottom of the 12th inning with runners on first and third base with one out. The player at the plate? None other than your boyfriend.

The 1-2 pitch was delivered and you almost flinched when he swung, driving it into right field. You jumped up in excitement, bouncing around as the ball skipped over the wall: it was a ground rule double to win the game.

You sat back down as a coughing fit came over you. You knew Andrew would have scolded you if he had seen your celebration, but you were way too excited to care.

You smiled as you watched him celebrate with his team. You couldn't help but laugh as someone ー Christian Vazquez, you assumed ー had put an empty bubble gum bucket on his head.

Though you had planned to stay up and watch the post game coverage, you ended up falling asleep. You seemed to have tired yourself out by celebrating. You couldn't help it; you were incredibly proud of him.

"Baby?" a familiar voice questioned, waking you up. You opened your eyes, looking up at Andrew before smiling. "Did you stay up?"

"No," you lied, rubbing your eye as you sat up. Andrew just chuckled, knowing you were lying. "I'm proud of you, babe."

"Thank you," he said, leaning over to kiss you. You leaned back, avoiding him. He looked at you with a large frown, which caused you to chuckle.

"You're gonna get sick," you told him.

"I don't care," he argued, crossing his arms and giving you puppy eyes. You sighed. You could you say no to that?

"I'm going to bed," you said, standing up. 

He frowned again before following you into the bedroom. You flopped down on the bed and he laid next to you. You rolled over to face him and he pouted again.

"Stop," you told him.

"No," he said.

"I can't say no to that face," you groaned before leaning forward and pressing your lips to his, giving him a generously long kiss. As you pulled away he grinned and you hid your face in his chest. "Stop being so cute," you mumbled.

"No," he said, mimicking you. You looked up at him, giving him a stern look that he just laughed at, before curling back up.

"I hate you," you said.

"No, you don't," he said.

"I do," you insisted. You would continue fake arguing with him, but you were too tired. Besides, there was no way you would win; you didn't hate him in the slightest.

You moved up again to face him. "I really am proud of you. I wish I was there to see it," you told him.

"I'm sure there will be more walk-offs that you'll be able to see in person. Tonight, it was smart to get some rest," he said.

"Yeah, you're right," he said. He moved to kiss you again. You were too tired to move, so you let him.

"I love you," you mumbled.

"I love you, too."

this one is vvv cute

i missed this and i was so sad. i saw the second one against the yankees, though!

07.27.17