xcv | scooter gennett

HALLOWEEN JEALOUSY | for DodgerGirlx

-

"Lookin' good, babe," Scooter complimented, eyeing his girlfriend, Tris, who rolled her eyes.

"I can't believe you convinced me to wear this," she said, pulling at the Gennett jersey she had on, trying to cover her chest.

"C'mon, it was a great idea," he said. "My jersey looks really good on you."

Scooter had convinced Tris to dress up as a 'slutty' baseball player, dressed in his jersey, tight baseball pants, and a tight tank top that showed off her cleavage.

"You just want to stare at me all night," she argued, crossing her arms.

"Exactly. Now let's go. We wouldn't want to be late to Joey's."

Scooter's Cincinnati Reds teammate, Joey Votto, had invited the team and their families over for a Halloween party. Scooter and Tris had happily accepted the invitation, as they both loved Halloween. So, they had planned baseball-related outfits, with Tris as the player and Scooter as the umpire(he was wearing a pair of thick glasses, which he found hilarious).

"Scooter!" Joey called, smiling as the walked over to where Scooter and Tris were standing. "I'm glad you could make it."

"Of course. Tris and I never miss a Halloween party," Scooter said, a large smile on his face.

Joey chuckled. "Drinks are in the kitchen. Feel free to help yourself."

Joey disappeared into the crowd, leaving Scooter and Tris alone. The loud music blasted in their ears, the floors practically shaking because of the loud bass.

"Wanna dance?" she questioned, a playful smirk on her face.

"Of course," he replied, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the crowd.

After a while of dancing a grinding, Scooter decided to get a drink and take a break for a while. It was in that time where he lost track of Tris. He figured she had found someone she knew or something, so he didn't question it. However, he was slightly surprised to see her with another man.

She was all over him, grinding and let him put his hands all over her. Jealously bubbled in Scooter until he could barely take it. The alcohol was setting in and he couldn't stand watching someone put his hands all over his girl.

He stood up, walking towards them. He tapped her on the shoulder before grabbing her wrist and pulling her away from him. She protested but he didn't listen, practically dragging her outside.

The car ride home was silent. They were both furious at each other. Tris thought that Scooter was being unreasonable. Her intentions were only pure, and she hadn't wanted to make him jealous. Scooter, on the other hand, couldn't believe that she would do such a thing. She had let someone touch her that wasn't him.

"What was that about!" Tris yelled as soon as the front door closed behind her.

"I could ask you the same thing, Tris," he countered, backing her against the door. "What was that all about?"

"I was dancing! With a friend!" she exclaimed. "What's so wrong about that?"

"You were all over him! What do you think I'm supposed to do about that!"

"We're friends! What don't you understand about that?"

"It sure didn't look like it!"

Tris pushed him away, ripping the Gennett jersey off of her and throwing it in his face before walking out the door. He gripped the familiar material of the jersey and as the door closed, he realized what he had done. He pressed his hands to the door, wanting to go out and apologize, but he couldn't bring himself to.

He had really fucked up this time.

Three days later, the two hadn't talked, and consequently, Scooter hadn't gotten much sleep. He fucked up; he knew he had. He let his jealousy get the best of him and had said things he shouldn't have. He was supposed to trust her, but he had only proven to her that he didn't.

That's how, at 3 A.M., Scooter stood on her doorstep in the pouring rain. She opened the door slowly, rubbing her eyes as she looked up at him.

"Scooter?" she questioned quietly.

"I'm so, so sorry," he told her. "I should have trusted you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Scooter," she said, smiling. "I forgave you days ago. You know I can't stay mad."

Scooter smiled before pulling into a hug. "I love you," he said, "so, so much."

---------------------------------

a halloween chapter just in time for thanksgiving

11.20.17