lxxvi | addison reed

ONLY YOU | for bursgirl37

-

Delia tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, looking up at the historic Fenway Park. She had just moved from Chicago to Boston and was coming to surprise her best friend, Addison Reed.

She took out her phone, texting her friend, Chris Sale.

DELIA
i'm here

She had become friends with Chris and Addison back in Chicago when the two were still playing for the Chicago White Sox. Delia had been involved with sports in Chicago for years, so it was easy for her to make friends with the players.

Somehow, the three had ended up in Boston. Chris had been traded to the Red Sox during the offseason, and Addison had been traded before the trade deadline. After leaving her job for a sports website in Chicago, she was hired by a Boston company who invited her to work at their office. Knowing that Chris and Addison were in the city, she gladly agreed.

After finding that Chris had texted her directions on where to go, she found a door with a security guard in front of it.

"Name?" the guard questioned.

The door opened and Chris peeked his head out, grinning when he saw her. "Let her in. She's with me," he told the guard, opening the door wider. The guard just nodded as she stepped inside, hugging him.

"It's so nice to see you again," she said as the door behind them clicked shut.

"It's been way too long," Chris said. "I'd forgotten how short you are."

Delia rolled her eyes. "At least I'm not freakishly tall."

He chuckled. "How's the baby?" he questioned, changing the subject.

"According to the doctors, they're healthy," she answered, looking down at her stomach. There wasn't much of a bump just yet, but just enough to be noticeable.

"That's great, Delia," Chris said with a smile.

"Yeah," she agreed. "I just wish their father was still committed."

He looked at her sympathetically, silence filling the room for a few moments. "We could go see Addison, huh?"

Delia smiled and nodded; she liked the sound of that. Not only was Addison her best friend, but even through her previous relationship, she had always had a thing for him. Though she had fallen in love with him at first, her feelings had subsided when she had met Jonathan, the father of her child. However, now that he was out of her life, she wondered if her feelings would begin to grow stronger.

"I'll be right back," Chris told her, walking into the clubhouse. Delia waited nervously, biting her lip as her heart raced. She figured he would be excited to see her, but she was still nervous.

"Delia?"

She looked up at the voice to see Addison standing in the doorway. He seemed to be frozen in shock as she smiled at him, running over and hugging him tightly. They embraced for a long moment, enjoying the embrace that they hadn't felt in a long time.

"What are you doing here?" Addison questioned as he pulled away.

"I got a job here," she told him. "I'm moving into my apartment tomorrow."

Smiling, Addison pulled her into another hug. Delia hugged back, taking everything in.

Not only was she still in love with him, but her feelings were just as strong.

Though Addison had pitched two scoreless innings, the Red Sox fell 3-1 in the game that day. Afterwards, he had invited Delia over to his apartment, which she happily agreed to.

Addison's apartment wasn't too large, but it was still nicer than anything Delia had look at when looking around for a house. Delia immediately felt at home; she was reunited with her best friend and she was making the most of it.

He showed her around, but other than talking, they had a hard time finding something to do together. Though they enjoyed something so simple as each others' company, Delia felt that they should be doing more.

So, they went out to dinner. Addison claimed that it was his favorite place in Boston. Delia had to agree; the food was delicious. Afterwards, they headed back to his apartment.

"You should probably head home," Addison suggested, putting his car keys down on the counter, "it's getting late."

"Actually, I'm just staying at Chris' house for tonight," she informed, looking down at her phone.

"So, you could stay here, then?" he questioned.

Delia almost smiled as she got the question she was looking for. "Of course. I'll just let Chris know."

She sent him a quick text before setting her phone down on the counter. Silence filled the room again.

"Can I tell you something?" Addison spoke up, looking down at his hands.

"Of course," Delia replied.

He sighed heavily, looking up at her. "I think I'm in love with you."

Delia bit her lip. Though she was incredibly happy that Addison felt the same, she didn't know how he would react to her being pregnant. If he had noticed, he hadn't said anything.

"I'm so sorry, I understand if you don't--"

"It's not that, Addison," she said, "It's just... I'm pregnant."

"Who?" Though the question was short and vague, she knew what he meant.

"It's Jonathan Toews'"

Addison sighed heavily and Delia's heart sank. "Do you still love him?" he questioned, surprising her.

"No," she answered. "I fell out of love with him even before he left. I love you, Addison. You and only you."

He stepped towards her, closing the distance between the two. "I don't care if the baby is his," he said. "I want to be with you through it all."

Smiling, Delia closed the distance between them, leaning up and kissing him.

-------------------------------

i couldn't find any gifs of addison in a red sox uniform rip

we won our senior game 👍👍 

10.19.17