cvi | cody bellinger

shape of you

She'd never get tired of this, Katherine thought as Cody's fingers traced over her bare skin

She'd never get tired of this, Katherine thought as Cody's fingers traced over her bare skin. For the two friends--friends with benefits, more like--this had become a common occurrence. It was always a quick text or call, a long night together, and in the end, everything shifted back to normal.

For most, this connection between the two wouldn't be ideal. For Katherine and Cody, however, it worked quite well. There were no feelings but of friendship attached, and they were both fine with that. There were comfortable enough that to anyone else, they would have seemed like nothing but best friends.

However, Katherine had begun to wonder to herself when the relationship between her and Cody had changed. Sure, she definitely didn't mind the large hand on her thigh, but it didn't feel the same. She was never uncomfortable during their time together, but she had begun to feel that way(though she was still very much consenting to what Cody was doing).

It had taken Katherine a long time to figure out what felt so odd. It had occurred to her one late night when she lay next to Cody. He had rolled over to face her, his hair a mess from where she had grabbed and pulled. He had smiled at her lazily, and she smiled back.

The difference between Cody and Katherine and other hookups was that it was much more personal. They were friends, after all. That's why it wasn't weird when they kissed, or when Cody stayed for breakfast the next morning. However, it was at that moment where she realized why she felt so odd.

She and Cody were like a couple, and she was completely okay with that. In fact, she was more than okay with that. Sure, there were many things that led up to that small moment, but it was that moment where she realized that she felt strong feelings for him--more than just that of a friend.

"Are you okay?" Cody asked softly, snapping Katherine out of her thoughts. He had stopped moving his hand, but it continued to rest on her thigh.

Katherine thought for a moment, then sighed. "I guess I'm just not feeling it tonight. Sorry, Cody."

"That's fine, Katherine," Cody told her, removing his hand and adjusting himself so he was sitting next to her. "Is everything okay?"

Katherine just nodded, and silence fell between them. For the first time in a long time, there was an awkward silence.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" Cody asked attempting to fill the silence. "I'm not really tired at all."

"Yeah, sure," Katherine answered unenthusiastically. She didn't want to leave Cody's apartment, but she wasn't really in the mood to do anything.

Cody chose one of Katherine's favorite movies in an attempt to cheer her up. He knew she was upset, and he really hoped it wasn't because of him. She had noticed that she had been a little timider when it came to the intimate side of their relationship, but it had never gotten to a point where he had felt that he needed to stop.

They watched the movie for a while, but Katherine's quiet nature was driving him insane. The movie was a comedy, but she wasn't laughing at any of the jokes that he had seen her laugh at countless times. This was a key sign that something was wrong. Cody didn't know anyone who laughed as much as Katherine.

After 45 minutes, Cody couldn't take it anymore. He paused the movie and Katherine gave her a questioning look.

"I know you're not okay, Katherine," Cody told her. "I'm not saying that you have to tell me what's going on, because you don't, but you don't have to stay here if you don't want to."

Katherine looked down, staying quiet for a long moment. "Do you ever think about us?"

Cody was a little taken aback. "In what way?"

"Like," she began, trying to find the right words, "we're a couple, but we're not, y'know? We're close and we have nights like this and at the end of them, you treat me like I'm your girlfriend. Do you ever question that?"

"No, not really," Cody answered honestly. "I think our relationship is perfectly fine. But if you want a change, then that's okay. Our friendship is the most important thing to me."

"Cody, what I'm trying to say is," she took a breath, "I'm in love with you. I can't keep doing this if you keep treating me this well."

Cody just looked at her for a painfully long couple of seconds, and Katherine just wanted to crawl up and hide from the world.

"Well, Katherine, because I like treating you this well, then I'm saying that I'm in love with you, too."

this is nothing like the song but the idea is there?? idk

07.14.18