thirty three | marco hernandez

secrets

"Xander, I'm heading out," you called, opening the front door

"Alright," he said. "Be back soon."

You were in Florida with your older brother, Xander Bogaerts, for spring training with the Boston Red Sox. He has always taken you with him for spring training and you loved it, both because you loved baseball and because of a reason that you had hidden from Xander and the rest of the team for a year and a half; spring training meant you could see your boyfriend, Marco Hernandez.

Xander didn't know you were dating one of his teammates. He had no clue. You had been sneaking around him for so long and you were starting to get tired of it.

You knocked on Marco's door and withing seconds it was open and his arms were around you. You hugged him tightly, taking in the embrace that you had missed so dearly.

"I missed you so much," he whispered.

"I missed you, too," you muttered into his shoulder. You had talked all through the off-season but it was nothing like seeing each other in person.

He let go of you before pulling you inside. He closed the door behind the two of you and you leaned towards him, causing him to back up into the door.

"Careful, mi amor," he whispered and you couldn't help but smile before pressing a lingering kiss to his lips. He pushed off the door, moving even closer to you. He pressed his lips to yours again before spinning around so you had taken his place. He began to step away from you, tangling his fingers in yours. You grinned as he dragged you to his room.

You flopped down on his bed and he laid next to you, wrapping his arms around you. You curled into his chest.

"I'm so glad you're here."

-

"Baby," Marco whined, resting his head on your shoulder. You were outside Dustin Pedroia's house, where he was holding a small party on the rare off day during the busy season that the Red Sox had. Marco had had a few too many drinks and was fairly drunk.

"Someone's going to see us, Marco," you said, pushing him off you. He moved right back to where he was, tilting his head to press a kiss to your jaw.

"So what?" he said, breath hot on your skin before pressing another kiss to it.

"Xander is going to kill me," you told him. You pushed him off you again, looking around to make sure no one was looking before giving his a quick kiss and walking away.

You went back inside and ended up talking with Xander, Mookie Betts, and Chris Young. As Xander was talking you felt a hand on your shoulder and you turned to see Marco, who pressed a hard kiss to your lips. Instead of kissing back like usual you pushed him off you, your heart beginning to race.

The group went silent. You couldn't even look Xander in the eye as you grabbed Marco by the arm and dragged him away as fast as you could. As you left the house you couldn't stop your throat from tightening, tears starting to form. You had trouble breathing.

Only bad things could come from this.

-

"Shit."

You looked down at the pregnancy test in your hands that showed two red lines. It had been the third one you had taken that morning and they all had the same result. You were pregnant.

You took a shaky breath before walking into Marco's bedroom. You had spent the night, as you figured he would be hungover and you were afraid of what Xander was going to say. He was still sleeping peacefully, spread out over the large bed. You leaned over, shaking him awake.

He groaned, rolling over onto his back. He rubbed his eyes before looking at you. He smiled slightly.

"Good morning," he greeted.

"Marco," you breathed. "I'm pregnant."

-

Your heart was racing as you walked into Xander's house, having finally found the courage to talk to him. The house was dead silent as you walked into the living room to find Xander sitting on the couch. He looked up at you and your stomach twisted as he stared at you.

After a few moments, he stood up, walking towards you. You braced for his next move, expecting something bad, but instead, he hugged you tightly.

"I'm not mad at you, Anastasia," he said softly. At that, tears formed in your eyes again as you hugged him back.

"I don't know what to do, Xander," you said. "I'm pregnant, and it's his."

After that moment, things changed slightly. Xander was okay with you dating Marco but seemed a little nervous about you having a child(a girl, which you and Marco had named Estrella), especially when he was gone during the season. However, you and Marco were generally very happy, and you were so glad that you could be with him without hiding your relationship from everyone. It was the best feeling.

A few months after the incident, you went to Marco's last game of the season at Fenway Park. You went often, but you hadn't gone in a while due to how sick you felt a majority of the time. Before the game, you talked to Marco while he was on the field getting ready for batting practice. He looked nervous, but you didn't really understand why.

This became clear during the opening ceremonies that afternoon. You had been called down to the field, and though you were confused, you followed their instructions. You met Marco on the pitcher's mound. He stood just in front of the pitcher's rubber and you stood in front of him, slightly embarrassed at the attention that was being brought to you.

"Marco, what are you..."

Before you could finish, Marco reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small box and kneeling down onto one knee. As he did so, you knew exactly what you had been brought out for.

"Will you marry me?" he asked and you nodded, eyes filling with tears. He stood up, hugging you tightly as the large crowd cheered around you.

 He stood up, hugging you tightly as the large crowd cheered around you

so, i'm changing my update schedule a little bit. since my last day of school is tomorrow(monday), i'm going to have more time to update. so, i will post chapters that are requested as soon as i finish them, rather then waiting until sunday to post. however, if i don't have any requests, i'll just post weekly. so, send those requests in ;)

06.18.17