xci | andrew benintendi

LOSSES | for Rachpont

-

(Your Name) sighed, shutting the TV off. 13-2; the Red Sox had been crushed by the Baltimore Orioles yet again.

They had had an oddly tough time against a talented but not contending Baltimore team. They had lost two straight games by multiple runs. Sadly, this meant that (Your Name)'s boyfriend, Andrew, was probably going to be upset.

Andrew never liked losing; he had always been a competitive person, which shown in the way he played. However, as much as he didn't like it, he took losses well. He was level-headed and (Your Name) admired him for it.

This time, (Your Name) knew she should stay up to comfort him, no matter how much she wanted to got to bed. It was going to be at least an hour and a half until he arrived home. Instead, she laid in bed and watched Netflix.

After a couple of episodes, she could hear the front door open. She shut her phone off, which she was using the watch Netflix, before listening to his footsteps get closer and closer.

Andrew opened the door as quietly as he could, careful not to wake (Your Name) if she was sleeping. However, he found that she was still awake, so he flopped down on the bed next to her.

"Next time," she said, like she had after the previous game and like so many times before after rough games. "There will be plenty more games."

Andrew nodded. "It's just frustrating. We should be doing what they're doing to us," he mumbled, frowning slightly.

"Not every game's going to go your way, as much as I wish it did," she told him as he snaked an arm around her waist. "You just happened to have two of those in a row."

He chuckled. "Yeah, you're right. It's just another game."

"When am I not?" she questioned, grinning as she leaned in to kiss him.

"Yeah, true," he responded, closing the short distance between them. "What would I do without you?"

She smiled. "Simple. You'd go crazy."

---------------------------------

this is so short im sorryyyy

11.16.17