fifty six | jason kipnis

finally

"Y'know," Francisco Lindor said, leaning back in the chair in (Your Name)'s living room, "I think you should meet the team

"Y'know," Francisco Lindor said, leaning back in the chair in (Your Name)'s living room, "I think you should meet the team."

She looked over at her friend, who she had first met when he had moved to Cleveland to play with the Cleveland Indians. "Why?" she asked curiously.

He shrugged. "I don't know, I was just thinking about how long I've known you. It's crazy that you haven't met them yet."

"I think it would be cool to get to know them," she said, "since you spend so much time with them and all."

"Alright, I'll let them know," Francisco said, pulling out his phone and sending a text to what she assumed was the team group chat.

Just days later, (Your Name) found herself at a semi-fancy restaurant with many of the Indians players. Wearing a sleek black dress, she felt a little overdressed, but it was okay. She liked the dress and she didn't mind dressing up.

She and Francisco were the third to arrive, only after Jason Kipnis and Edwin Encarnacion. Upon spotting Jason Kipnis, (Your Name)'s face flushed red. She had always had a bit of a crush on the second basemen.

After Francisco introduced the two to her, she took a seat next to Jason as Francisco sat next to Edwin. He smiled gently as she sat down next to him, feeling attracted to her immediately. Francisco had told him about her many times, but he had never mentioned how beautiful she was.

As they waited for the other players to arrive, Edwin and Francisco both noticed the flirting between Jason and (Your Name). Francisco had a feeling that she had something for Jason and was glad his hypothesis was correct. They were making it obvious that they were into each other. They smiled at each other constantly, and he had seen her attempt to get closer a few times.

This continued throughout the dinner and by the end, almost everyone could tell. As the night ended and people began leaving, Jason and (Your Name) were forced to separate. To everyone's surprise, Jason didn't make an attempt to ask her out or even get her number. It disappointed (Your Name) as well. She had thought Jason was into her.

"So, Jason, huh?" Francisco teased as they walked to the car.

(Your Name) looked up at him, flushing a light pink. "Huh?"

"You're obviously into him and he's into you," he answered casually.

"He didn't ask me for my number, though," she said, frowning slightly. "I was hoping he was going to."

"I'm sure you'll see him soon," he said. "Very soon, actually. I got you a ticket for tomorrows game."

The next afternoon, (Your Name) arrived at Progressive Field early enough to watch BP. She was wearing her Lindor jersey, but if the day went her way, a Kipnis jersey would be her game day jersey very soon.

Her one goal for the day was to talk to Jason. She had feelings for him -- there was no doubt about that -- and she was praying that he felt the same.

She got into BP as early as possible, anxious to see Jason. Luckily, she spotted him easily and got his attention. He smiled, jogging over to her.

"(Your Name)," he said, smiling. "Lindor told me you'd be here today."

She smiled. "Yeah. He surprised me with tickets."

"And I'm glad he did. I missed my chance last night," he said.

"What do you mean?" she questioned, anticipating his words.

"Would you like to go out sometime?"

"Of course I would, Jason."

From somewhere on the field, Francisco yelled, "Finally!

i have a very important volleyball game tomorrow(probably the biggest game of the season) and i am very nervous/excited

09.10.17