twenty two | blake swihart

read your mind

You shut your eyes, trying to block out the noise of the busy Boston crowd that surrounded you

You shut your eyes, trying to block out the noise of the busy Boston crowd that surrounded you. You had always hated crowds. There was too much noise and there was no way to block it out.

In general, people thought it would be pretty cool to be able to read minds. In some way, it would be nice to hear what people were thinking. However, it wasn't fun at all when you couldn't control it.

It was something you had been born with, and it was torture. You could hear a person's thoughts as soon as you laid your eyes on them, and there was no way to stop it.

You looked up for a moment, trying to figure out where you were.

God, she's beautiful. A deep voice rung loudly in your head.

The thought caught you off guard. You had only seen him for a moment but his thought was loud - so loud you almost winced at the volume. For how long you had been looking at him, the volume of the thought was odd. You had never experienced a thought like that before.

You looked around, trying to figure out who was looking at you. It only took you a moment, as you noticed the man looking at you. He wore a black snap back and a pair of athletic shorts and t-shirt. Even when your eyes met he continued to look at you, only snapping out of his trance when one of his friends tugged on his shirt to get his attention. You smiled to yourself slightly before walking away.

"Hey, wait!" You had only taken a few steps before the voice had called out. You looked back partly out of instinct to see the man running towards you. He stopped a short distance in front of you and you were able to get a good view of him. Honestly, you found him pretty attractive.

Fuck. You almost laughed at his thought. You figured he had run over to before he had time to think of what to say.

"I, um," he mumbled, looking at the ground.

You smiled brightly before holding your hand out. "I'm (Your Name)."

The man looked up, smiling at you ask he shook your hand. "I'm Blake."

-

You sighed as you dropped your bag on the kitchen counter before turning around to look at your boyfriend, Blake. It had been over two years since you had met and two years since you started dating. Now, you were staying in his apartment in Boston while he finished up the season with the rest of the Red Sox players.

Black walked towards you, resting his hands on your hips as he leaned in to kiss you. You lifted your arms and rested them on his shoulders as you leaned into the kiss.

"You should get some sleep," he mumbled against your lips.

"I'd rather stay up with you," you responded quietly as you kissed him again.

"Give me a minute," he said, giving you another quick kiss before pulling away. You let your hands trail down his arms as he stepped away from you. You watched him leave, moving once he was out of sight.

You dug your phone out of your bag before walking in the opposite direction that Blake had disappeared in. You walked to your shared bedroom, plugging your phone in and putting it on the bedside table before getting under the covers.

It didn't take long for Blake to join you. He stripped himself of his shirt before crawling into bed next to you, wrapping an arm around you protectively. You smiled slightly as you opened your eyes, allowing yourself to read his thoughts.

I am so lucky to have her.

i thought this idea was cool

idk if this really makes sense but whatever

also tbh im kinda sad blake didnt make the opening day roster but im really excited that vazquez is back

ALSO the video that the gif is from is so great like all my underrated favs in one house (come back travis)

04.02.17