forty | corey dickerson

say you won't let go

"Yo, Corey! We're going out!" Steven announced, turning from where he was walking out of the clubhouse to face Corey

"Yo, Corey! We're going out!" Steven announced, turning from where he was walking out of the clubhouse to face Corey. Corey looked up from where he was packing his gear into his bag.

"I don't know, it's late," he said, turning around and continuing to pack up. It wasn't like he didn't like going out with his teammates, but they had an off-day and Corey wanted to make the most of it by getting some well-earned rest after a brutal schedule.

"We have an off-day tomorrow. What is there to lose?" Kevin said, trying his best to convince his teammate.

Corey thought for a moment, and, not looking up from his bag, he agreed. "I'll go. Only for a while, though."

He could hear Steven and Kevin celebrate behind him and he chuckled, zipping his back up and putting it on his shoulder before turning to them. Kevin grinned at him, obviously excited for the night ahead. Corey couldn't lie; he enjoyed going out, too. And, though he would never admit it, he was secretly looking for a girl, too.

"Hey, Corey," Kevin slurred, hitting him on the arm. "Do you think that girl's checking you out?"

He looked over to where Kevin was pointing just in time to see a girl look away. From what he could see, she was pretty: way too pretty for him.

"Nah, I doubt it," Corey denied, taking another sip of his drink, which Kevin had bought him(he was drunk and would probably regret this in the morning).

"See! She's looking again!" Kevin exclaimed again, and Corey looked over again, only to see that she had looked away.

"I think you've had too much to drink," Corey said as Kevin's head fell onto the table, making a noise that would have made Corey wince if he wasn't slightly intoxicated already.

"She's totally into you, Corey. C'mon man, make a move!" Steven joined in, causing Corey to look over at the girl again. She was talking with some friends, swaying slightly to the music in a way that made Corey smile.

"Fine," he said, putting his drink down forcefully and getting up. He walked towards the girl with a confidence that seemed to come out of nowhere. However, they confidence went down the drain when she stood up. He figured his chance was gone, but that changed when she started walking towards him. 

"I guess you, caught me, huh?" she said, her voice causing Corey's head to spin. She was gorgeous, and she was talking to him.

"Actually, my drunk friend back there did," he said, pointing to where Kevin was still laying on the table.

She giggled, causing Corey's heart to race. 

"So, Corey," she stepping closer to him and grabbing his hands, "care to dance with me?"

"Y-you know who I am?" Corey spluttered, causing her to giggle.

"Of course I do. You're Corey Dickerson," she said, smiling at him. "Now, let's dance."

She dragged him into the crowd of people, pressing up against Corey. The music made his head pound but he didn't care. She was perfect and she was practically grinding on him

"So, do I get to know your name?" Corey managed, whispering into her ear. Underneath his hands, which rested on her hips, he could feel her shudder.

"I'm (Your Name)," she responded, smiling at him again before going back to grinding on him. His grip on her tightened. She was all over him and he planned to keep it that way.

Two hours and a few drinks later, Corey and (Your Name) were still together. They had made their way off the dance floor and had begun flirting excessively, as they were both drunk. Corey had lost Steven and Kevin a long time ago, but he didn't care in the slightest. He was with the girl of his dreams and couldn't have cared less about his teammates.

(Your Name) got up without warning and Corey did the same. His hands wrapped around her hips and she looked up at him. "We should leave," she suggested. With the way she was making Corey feel, he couldn't say no.

"Do you live near here?" he asked.

"Five minutes away," she answered simply, pulling away from his grasp. This disappointed him; he didn't want to let go of her. However, he could only be excited about what was to come.

Around seven minutes later, the two stumbled into (Your Name)'s house. Corey's hands were on her again but she quickly pulled away, dashing away from him. Confused, he followed her, only to find her leaning over the toilet in the bathroom, throwing up. 

He rushed forward, grabbing her hair to keep it from getting in her face. He looked around, finding a hair tie on the counter and tying her hair into a very messy bun. He crouched down next to her, rubbing her back slowly and trying not to look as she threw up. She made a noise of displeasure and Corey could see a tear roll down her face. He immediately wiped it away.

"I'll get you a glass of water," he told her, his hand sliding off her back as he got up. He found the kitchen, finding a glass in one of the cupboards and pouring water into it. He rushed back into the bathroom, handing the glass to (Your Name) before sitting down next to her. She took a sip, swallowing as she made a face.

Once she had calmed down, she smiled over at him. "Thank you, Corey," she said,

"Of course," he said, smiling back at her. He reached over, grabbing her hand. He could see her smile at their hands as she tangled her fingers with his. 

"You should stay here tonight," she suggested, looking up at him.

"You should get some rest," he said, avoiding her suggestion.

"I will if you're here," she said, smiling at him. 

"Works for me," he said. He stood up, helping her up before following her into her room, their fingers still interlocked. She only let go to lay down, with him doing the same. She moved closer to him, allowing him to hold her. As they laid there in silence, he could only think one thought; I am so in love with her.

 As they laid there in silence, he could only think one thought; I am so in love with her

i like this one a lot and i love this song

07.15.17