manny machado

WALK OFF WIN | for Orioles_rock

-

"You're the worst, Manny," (Your Name) said, crossing her arms as she glared over at her best friend, Manny Machado.

"I'm sorry, (Your Name)," he apologized again. "I didn't mean to make you cry and I feel bad about it."

(Your Name) smiled. Though Manny was annoying sometimes, he always apologized. "It's alright. Just don't let it happen again."

Manny nodded. "Got it."

She didn't feel uncomfortable talking to him like this. They had been best friends since they were in middle school. However, she had recently begun to feel something more for him. She quickly realized that she was falling in love with her best friend.

She knew it was horrible, but there was no way to stop it. She saw him almost every way and there was no way of avoiding him without him getting suspicious(plus, she didn't want to ruin her extensive friendship with him). Instead, she let herself fall in love with him, no matter what the cost.

"Hey, I have an idea," Manny said. "I'll get you tickets for tonight's game, my treat."

"It's always your treat, Manny," (Your Name) argued, shaking her head at her roommate.

"Yes, but this time will be special," he said, "because it's my way of saying sorry."

She shrugged. "I'm fine with it. I haven't been to the park in a while anyway."

Manny grinned. "Great."

That night, her seat at Orioles Park was along the third base side, where they always were. Manny, being Manny, always tried to get her seat as close to him as possible. Not that she minded, though. She always enjoyed watching him play, even if she denied it. She was incredibly proud of Manny and wanted to support him no matter what.

Though she had seen him play many times, she never got tired of it. She had watched him transform from being the pitcher on his middle school baseball team from being an all-star third baseman on an actual, professional baseball team. It still amazed her.

However, Manny had a chance to amaze her even more. It was the bottom of the ninth inning and the Orioles were down 5-3 to the Blue Jays. The O's had two runners on and Manny was up to bat.

Finding himself quickly in the hole 0-2, he swung at the next pitch, driving it deep to center field. Fans were immediately on their feet. He had hit a home run; there was no doubt about that.

(Your Name) cheered loudly, jumping up and down as she watched her best friend round the bases. His teammates waited for him at home plate and he jumped on home plate before the crowd consumed him, water and Powerade and packets of gum flying everywhere.

After the crowd of players had dispersed on many had gone into the dugout, Manny was interviewed by a sideline reporter, where he got the Powerade bath. After he was done, he looked over at (Your Name). When they locked eyes, he gestured for her to come down to the field.

She did just that, practically running down the stairs to greet him. She leaned against the wall, smiling at him. "You were amazing!" she exclaimed.

Manny grinned before leaning up and kissing her.

-------------------------------

09.27.17