dansby swanson

MAKE IT UP TO YOU | for dansbae7

-

"You didn't have to come today, Ivey," her older brother, Freddie Freeman said, leaning on the wall on the third base side of the field. The siblings were at SunTrust Park, where the Atlanta Braves were playing. Freddie was having batting practice, but had already hit and had time to hang around.

"No, it's alright. I always like coming to your games," Ivey said. "I wish today could have been under other circumstances, though."

Recently, the Braves had been involved in a large cheating scandal. They had been accused of cheating in various ways by multiple teams. Sadly and disappointingly, they hadn't been able to disprove they had done anything, and therefore were being informed of their punishment that day. Standings-wise, it didn't matter; they were already out of the playoffs with 30 games to go. However, it was a big blow to the franchise.

"Yeah, me too," Freddie agreed. "If we're lucky, it won't affect us."

"Heads up!"

Ivey didn't have time to move before a baseball hit her in the nose. She held her face, blood streaming out of her nose almost instantly. Freddie grabbed her arms, helping her sit down in the seat behind her before climbing over the wall. He tilted her head back before yelling for someone. The teams' athletic trainer was already on his way with Dansby Swanson close behind him.

He held a towel up to her nose, trying to soak up the blood. Ivey held back tears as her head pounded and blood dripped onto her. She looked over just in time to see Dansby before passing out.

When she woke up, she was lying down. Her head was still throbbing and she felt something in her nose as she looked around the room, taking in her surroundings. She was in a room she didn't recognize, though she figured it was somewhere in the ballpark. She attempted to sit up, which only hurt her head even more, so she laid back down.

The door opened and she looked up as Dansby stepped into the room. He smiled at her before sitting down in the chair next to the bed.

"Where's Freddie?" she questioned, her voice hoarse.

"He was busy with something, so he sent me here to check on you," Dansby looked at the floor, "considering I hit you and all."

"Oh, I see," she muttered, closing her eyes. "I was wondering who hit it. I didn't have time to see who it was."

"I'm sorry about that, by the way," he apologized.

"No, it's okay," Ivey said, opening her eyes and looking over at him, managing a small smile. "You were only trying to take BP."

"I feel like I should make it up to you," he paused. "Like take you out to dinner or something."

"You don't have to do that, Dansby," Ivey told him, quietly, "really."

"What if I want to?"

She looked up at him as he stared down at her, a completely serious expression on his face.

"What do you mean?" she prompted.

"Will you go out with me sometime?" he rephrased.

Ivey smiled. "Of course."

--------------------------------

why is bio so boring

09.18.17