twelve | corey seager

afraid

"Loving him shouldn't make you this afraid, (Your Name)

"Loving him shouldn't make you this afraid, (Your Name)."

"I know," you said, sighing. "I just... can't stop."

"He's horrible to you," your best friend, Corey, argued.

"When I look at him, all I can see is the man that cared about me. I see every happy moment that we spent together and I'm still in love with that part of him. It drowns out all the bad things he's done to me and I hate it."

"He isn't like that anymore and you know it."

"Yeah, I know that too well." You ran your fingers through your hair. "I'm in love with a memory of him."

"Then end it."

"It's not that easy, Corey. I'm scared."

"I have a plan."

You raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah. Invite him over to your house tonight. I'll wait outside and if he tries to do anything I'll come in."

"Are you sure that's going to work?"

He smiled. "I'm positive."

"Okay," you paused. "I'll do it."

That night your 'boyfriend', Alex, showed up to your door with a beer in hand. He walked in, not saying a word to you. He grabbed the TV remote, turning the TV on before sitting down on the couch.

"Alex," you spoke, probably sounded more scared than you wanted to. "We need to talk."

"What?"

"We need to talk."

"I'm listening," he said, eyes still glued to the TV.

"I'm breaking up with you."

That got his attention. He stood up, stepping towards you. "What did you say?"

You stepped back, still pretending to be strong. "I'm breaking up with you."

He looked at you for a moment before slapping you across the face. You turned back towards him slowly, anger bubbling.

"Get out of my house," you growled through clenched teeth.

"Don't tell me wha-"

"Get out of my fucking house!" you screamed as loud as you could.

He looked at you for a moment, a little surprised at your sudden outburst. You had never acted that way around him before. You stood in terror for a few moments, waiting for his next move.

"Okay," he said quietly, walking past you. "You're a slut anyway."

As soon as the door closed your tears fell. He was gone, and with him went the months of physical and emotional abuse. The pain you had been feeling for so long was finally over. You could hear the door open again, and you looked up to see Corey. You turned to him, allowing him to wrap his arms around you. You sobbed as you rested your arms on his waist.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered.

"I'm finally free."

-

"You're leaving tomorrow, right?" you asked Corey. It had been over a year since you had broken up with Alex, and now Corey had been drafted to play in the minor leagues.

"Yeah," Corey said.

"I'm sure you'll do amazing."

"I hope so." You smiled at him and he smiled back before you looked away. "Hey, (Your Name)?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I," he paused. "I love you."

Your eyes widened in shock. Of all people, it had to be him.

"Corey," you whispered, not sure what to say.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way," he said, a sad look on his face.

"I'm so sorry," you said. "I didn't want it to be you."

"What?"

"I didn't want to have to hurt you."

"I guess that means..."

"I'm too afraid of falling in love again."

it took me forever to think of this lol

i am running out of ideas. send me some requests ;)