lxxxii | willson contreras

CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE | for Lydy101

-

Wise men say,
only fools rush in,

Willson's eyes scanned the large crowd at Wrigley Field, looking for someone to toss a baseball to. That was when he first spotted her, looking at him with hope in her eyes. She had him captured almost immediately: she was gorgeous.

Smiling, he tossed the ball up to her. She caught it with one hand, grinning at him. Though he couldn't hear her over the crowd, he could see her say, "thank you!"

but I can't help,
falling in love with you.

He stepped out of the clubhouse, causing her to look up at him. She smiled shyly and he smiled back, stepping towards her.

"Thank you," she said, "for the ball, I mean."

"Of course," he said. "What's your name?"

"(Your Name)."

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you.

"I had a lot of fun tonight, Willson," she said, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear as she smiled up at him, "really." After a week of talking, Willson had asked her out on a date. Obviously, she had accepted

"I did, too," he told her, smiling back.

They stood on (Your Name)'s doorstep, as he had insisted on walking her home after dinner.

"Uh, do you wanna come in?" she asked quickly, stumbling over her words.

"Sure."

Like a river flows, 
surely to the sea,
darling, so it goes,
somethings are meant to be.

"Where are we going?" she questioned, looking up at Willson.

"You'll see," he replied, smirking at her as he grabbed her hand, dragging her along. She blushed at the contact, rushing to keep up with him.

To be honest, (Your Name) wasn't quite sure where they were going. After one of many dates the two had been on, Willson had told her he was going to take her somewhere. However, she didn't recognize the area they were in at all.

That was until she saw the Wrigley Field sign in the distance.

"Are you crazy!" she exclaimed. "We can't go in there!"

"Sure we can," he said. "I'm a player. They'll let me in."

"At this time of day?" she questioned. The sun was setting fast and (Your Name) was afraid it would get too dark.

Willson just nodded in response as they approached a guard. He just nodded and Willson and (Your Name) walked right in.

She followed him through the hallways and up the steps of the home dugout. "Are you sure about this?" she questioned.

"Yeah," he responded, stepping onto the field like he had so many times before and holding a hand out to her. "Come here."

She complied, reaching out and taking his hand. He laced their fingers together as he pulled her towards home plate. He stopped on the base, looking out at the large field in front of them. She did the same, taking in the pink and orange sunset that was clearly visible.

"This is beautiful, Willson," she said, amazed at the view.

"Reminds me of someone I know," he said, looking over at her.

"Oh, really?" she said, looking over at her.

"And she just so happens to be standing right in front of me."

Take my hand,
Take my whole life too,

"Is it crazy to say that I think she's the one?" Willson questioned, looking over at his teammate, Kris.

"Yeah, a little bit," Kris responded. "You've barely been dating for a month. Have you even told her you love her yet?"

"No, but, sometimes you can just tell, y'know?" he said. "There's just something about her."

"Don't rush it, Willson," Kris said. "You'll know when the time is right."

For I can't help falling in love with you,

"Hey, can I tell you something?" Willson asked, looking over at (Your Name).

"Sure," she responded, lifting her head off of his shoulder to look at him.

For I can't help falling in love with you.

"(Your Name)," he began, looking down at their hands. "I love you."

-------------------------------------

i haven't had power since yesterday bc of this damn storm but i think i'm getting it back tonight !!

happy halloween y'all

10.31.17