eighteen | xander bogaerts

batting practice

"Where are we going, Xander?" you questioned as you followed your boyfriend through the halls at Fenway Park

"You'll see," he said with a smirk. You rolled your eyes at his lame answer but continued to follow him.

It didn't take long for the scenery to become familiar. You quickly realized that he was taking you onto the field at Fenway Park. You followed him up the steps, taking in the view. The stadium was empty and the field was still ragged from the 5-3 win over the Yankees that night.

"Are you sure we're allowed up here?" you questioned nervously.

"Yeah," he said casually. "I asked to use the field for a while." He picked up one of his bats that he had most likely left in the dugout for this moment and handed it to you.

"What are you giving this to me for?" you questioned as he walked up the dugout steps and onto the field.

He turned back to the field, smirking slightly. "You used to play, right?" he said before continuing to walk onto the field. You sighed before following him on.

"You want to me hit?" you asked as you walked towards home plate.

"Yeah," he called from where he was already standing on the mound with a baseball in hand. "I heard you could crush the ball when you were younger!"

You chuckled. "I don't know about that."

You took a few practice swings before stepping into the batter's box that could be barely seen in the tousled dirt. You shot Xander a smile as he pitched the ball to you. He didn't throw it very hard. It was about half the speed of the pitches you had seen during your softball days and you were able to send it into the outfield fairly easily.

"You can throw it harder than that!" you yelled.

"Are you sure?" he called back as he picked another ball out of the bucket.

"Bring it on!"

You raised the bat, getting ready for the next pitch. He whizzed the next pitch right by you; you barely had time to move. You could hear Xander laughing to himself.

"Okay, maybe not that fast!"

You continued to hit for a while. It was nostalgic to be able to hit; you hadn't swung a bat since high school. However, seeing Xander's small smile when you hit a ball especially well was your favorite part.

After picking up the baseballs, you and Xander found yourself lying in center field. He rolled over on top of you, causing you to laugh.

"Someone's gonna see us, Xander," you pointed out, putting your hands on his chest to push him off you.

"No one's gonna be here," he said, "trust me."

"Still, you're heavy."

Xander chuckled before getting off. You stood up, wiping yourself off as Xander walked towards the bucket of baseballs that was located fairly close to you. He picked a baseball up, throwing it to himself and catching it before turning to you.

"Ready for grounders?"

-

You laughed, pushing Xander towards the bucket before jogging out left field to collect the many baseballs that had rolled by you. You tossed them in Xander's direction, being too lazy to make multiple trips from the infield to the outfield.

By the time you carried the last few baseballs in, Xander had already collected a majority of the baseballs you had thrown in and was crouched down on one knee as he put the balls into the bucket. You dropped the ones you had into the bucket before looking out at the empty stadium.

"(Your Name)." You turned back to Xander, who was still crouched down. However, he was looking up at you and in his hand was a small box. Your hands moved to your mouth as he opened it revealing a beautiful ring.

"Will you marry me?"

like usual i need some requests so send 'em in ;)

3.05.17