five | christian vazquez

bad idea

You knew this party was a bad idea

You knew you should have turned down the invite from (Friend's Name) when she had told you about it. Yet here you were, standing by the snack table, drinking some random drink that didn't even taste good as you tried to find something to do. (Friend's Name) had ditched you an hour ago for some guy and you were stuck. What made it worse, however, was that you didn't know anyone.

You took another sip, finishing the drink before putting the cup down. Sighing, you walked into the crowd. You wanted to get away from the noise. As you walked, you felt a tap on your shoulder. Turning around, you saw a man with short brown hair and freckles.

"My friend thinks you're cute," he said bluntly.

You were a little taken aback. "Well, um, tell him I said thank you," you said, unsure of what to do. The man frowned slightly.

"He wants to meet you," he said. You sighed, figuring you were already screwed.

"Sure," you said. He smiled brightly.

"Follow me." He grabbed your wrist, dragging you over to a group of people. "I found her."

All eyes turned to you as the man slapped one of them on the back.

"I'm Xander," he said, holding his hand out.

"(Your Name)," you said, shaking his hand. Unlike most of the people there, he didn't look drunk. He seemed completely normal. Either that or he was very, very good at acting.

You two continued to talk as the others left you two to be alone. You found out that he was a major league baseball player. You remembered (Friend's Name) mentioning something about it, but you hadn't really been listening. Still, you thought it was cool, as your family loved baseball. You figured they would think it was pretty cool, so you continued to ask him questions.

The conversation was odd, to say the least. He wasn't like other guys you had met. He was nice and didn't try to make advances like other guys did. He kept his distance and you appreciated it.

"I'm sorry about my friend," Xander apologised.

"No, it's fine," you told him. "I was stuck here anyway." He gave you a look. "My friend ditched me."

"I'm not sure what Christian said to you, but if he said that I thought you were cute, he was lying just a bit," he said. You gave him a look, a little offended. "I did point you out to him, but only because I thought you two would be good together. And boy, you should have seen the way he looked at you. Honestly, you two would make a way better couple."

"Oh, okay," you said quietly.

"I'm sorry if I wasted your time. I wasn't sure how to tell you," he apologized.

"It's fine. At least you're not an asshole like some guys at these parties can be," you said. "Plus, if you're right, I figure I'll be seeing you around. It was nice to meet you, Xander."

"You, too. Good luck with Christian."

"Thank you." You gave him a smile before turning and walking away.

It didn't take you long to find Christian. He was talking loudly with a few of his friends.  He looked over, noticing you.

"Oh, hey, (Your Name)," he said, smiling.  "How was Xander?"

"He was nice," you answered.  "He told me that I should talk to you, though."

"Huh, I wonder why," he said, pausing for a moment.  "Do you want a drink?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Follow me," he said.  You followed him through the crowd to the kitchen, where he opened the fridge, which was filled with various brands of beer.  He took one out, handing it to you.  From the living room, you could here One Dance by Drake start to play.  You smiled, taking the beer from him.

Man, this was going to be a long night.

-

You rolled over, opening your eyes.  Upon looking around, you panicked for a moment.  This wasn't your room.  You groaned, looking up at the ceiling.  Your head was killing you.  After realizing this, everything made sense.  You had hooked up with someone last night.

Sighing, you sat up, looking around for your clothes.  You found your underwear and leggings, putting them on along with your bra before grabbing the first shirt you saw and walking out the door.  You walked down the hallway, hoping it would lead you to the living room.  Luckily, it did, and you found Christian sitting on the couch, watching TV.  He looked up as he heard you walk in.

"Ah, you're awake," he said.

"What time is it?" you asked.

"10:30," he answered.  You saw his eyes flicker down, looking you over.  "Nice shirt, by the way." 

You looked down, blushing when you realized that you were wearing his shirt.

"Sorry, it was the first one I found," you apologized.  He smiled, and you felt an odd feeling in your chest.

"It's okay, you look good in it," he complemented.  "I made breakfast.  It's in the kitchen if you'd like."

"Okay," you said, walking towards the kitchen.  He had laid out two pieces of french toast with maple syrup.  He had even put silverware out, knowing you wouldn't be able to find it.  "You really didn't have to do this."

"It's no problem, really," he said.  You poured the maple syrup on the french toast, grabbing the fork before joining Christian in the living room.

"You know, I think this is the most casual I've ever been after hooking up with someone," you said.

"I've never thought it was that big of a deal," he said.  "Plus, I like you."

"Are you sure you're not still drunk?"

Christian laughed. "I'm sure."

"No one's said they liked me after a one night stand before.  They're usually gone before I get up," you said.  "Y'know, relationships like this usually don't work out, but... I think this one is worth a try."

i wrote this because of a friend that likes vazquez but she doesn't even have a wp account but oh well

btw i need requests literally all you have to do is comment a name(and preferably a scenario) and i'll write it.  i'll run out of ideas if people don't request lol

11.27.16