xcviii | dee gordon

EARLY MORNING | for PoetBeep

-

Lila groaned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she rolled over, expecting to feel her boyfriend, Dee, laying on the bed next to her. Instead, she found that there was nothing but sheets.

She glanced over at the alarm clock on the bedside table, which displayed 2:54 A.M. She wondered what Dee could possibly be doing out of bed at three in the morning. So, she decided to go investigate.

Though Lila was expecting to find Dee in the living room, she found Dee in the kitchen, leaning on the counter as he looked down at something in his hands.

"Dee?" she questioned as he jumped, shoving the item into his pocket.

"What are you doing up?" he questioned, turning towards her.

"I could ask you the same question," she replied, walking over to him.

"I couldn't sleep," he told her, running a hand over his hair.

"You should've just woken me up, Dee," she told him, opening the fridge. "What were you looking at?"

"Oh, it was nothing," he lied, though it wasn't a good one. Lila gave him a look but ignored the blatant lie, figuring it wasn't anything too serious.

Over five years of being together, she had learned to trust Dee. At the beginning of their relationship, she had been aware of everything. She wanted to make sure that Dee was telling her the truth. Over years and years, she had learned that he wasn't a liar. He was loyal to her and she was loyal to him.

"You look wide awake," Lila pointed out, taking the half-gallon of milk out of the fridge.

"I am," he replied. "I've been awake for hours."

"Let's watch a movie or something, then. I'm not going to bed anytime soon."

They did just that. They ended up watching two short movies, and it was around 6 A.M. when the credits to the second movie played.

"Hey," Dee began, causing Lila to look up at him, "Let's go for a walk."

"I'm still in my pajamas, Dee," she told him.

"Then change."

She sighed. "Fine."

She jumped up from the couch, running upstairs to change into something more appropriate. Dee sighed, becoming more and more nervous. He tapped on the small box, which was still in his pocket. He had been planning this for a while; proposing to her on the beach with the sunset in the background.

"Ready to go?" Lila questioned, snapping him out of his trance. He simply nodded and the two headed outside.

The beach wasn't far from their house, so it was a nice, short walk(living in Miami for multiple months a year was nice in many ways). They walked hand-in-hand, taking in the view of the sun, which was beginning to be visible over the horizon.

Dee stopped walking, his hand slipping out of Lila's as he moved to stand in front of her. She looked up at him with a questioning look as he reached into his back pocket, kneeling down. Lila's hands went to her mouth, hiding her face as she smiled.

"Lila," he said, smiling up at her. "Will you marry me?"

--------------------------------

i think i finally figured out my update schedule so just fyi i wont be posting as much

11.30.17