seven | trea turner

shy

"Bryce, no

"Bryce, no."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"You think he's cute, admit it."

"He's way too intimidating!" you exclaimed. Bryce laughed.

"He's a child."

"Maybe to you."

"I don't understand why you're so nervous. If I were you I would just walk up to him and introduce myself."

"You know it's not that easy for me, Bryce," you said.

"Yeah, I know. It took you a week to say anything back to me," he teased.

"It did not take that long," you argued. "Plus, I'm better than that now."

"Not by much."

You sighed. "Just drop it, Bryce."

"No, I'm going to get you to talk to him."

"You're annoying sometimes, y'know that?"

"Of course I do," he said, smirking. "Hey, what do you say I introduce you to him before the game tomorrow?"

"That's way too embarrassing!" you exclaimed.

"Too bad, I'm doing it."

"I hate you."

"Anyways, I gotta go. You should probably go too, it's late," Bryce suggested.

"Yeah, probably," you said. "See you tomorrow, Bryce."

You sighed. Bryce Harper, your childhood friend, was always getting you into things. Now, he was trying to get you a date with none other than Trea Turner, his teammate and shortstop for the Washington Nationals.

It wasn't like you weren't interested in him. You were just too nervous to talk to him. You were always too nervous to talk to people. You weren't even sure why, you just got nervous at even the thought of starting a conversation with someone. The fact that Trea was incredibly cute did not help at all.

You didn't really understand why Bryce was trying to be the matchmaker. Trea probably had a girlfriend or something. Plus, he was way too cute for you. You didn't stand a chance.

The next day, you were at Nationals Park before batting practice even started. Bryce had told you to get there early, and, kind of reluctantly, you had. However, you didn't get the chance to meet Trea until BP started.

You looked up at the sound of your name, met with Bryce signalling for you to come over. You stood up from your seat in the dugout, turning your phone off and walking towards them. You could hear your heartbeat in your ears. Your legs were shaking and it felt like you were going to collapse. As you walked up to the group, you didn't even look at Trea. You were too nervous. Instead, you kept your eyes on Bryce.

"Trea, this is (Your Name), my childhood friend. (Your Name), this is Trea," he introduced.

"Nice to meet you, (Your Name)," Trea said. You could see him hold his arm out. You dared to look him in the eye as you managed to speak.

"Nice to meet you, too," you said quietly. He was smiling brightly and it was too much for you to handle. You were a shaking, blushing mess. You were afraid that how nervous you were was visible, but then again it always was.

"Anyway, I gotta go get taped up, so you two can chat or whatever," Bryce said, pressing his hand to your back in a form of comfort for a moment before walking away, leaving you and Trea alone. It was silent for a moment.

"I think he was lying," he said.

"I think so too," you agreed.

"He seems all serious during games but he's really quite funny."

"Yeah, he is," you agreed again. You tensed as Trea looked at you.

"Why do you look so nervous?" he asked, chuckling slightly. "I don't think I'm that scary."

"I get nervous while meeting new people," you told him.

"He mentioned that," Trea said. "I totally give you props for dealing with these crowds all the time."

"I survive."

"Anyway, when did you meet Bryce?"

You continued to talk for a while. As you conversed, you began to get more comfortable. He was a lot less scary than he looked. Actually, he was really nice. He began to feel like one of your friends after a while.

"Damn, I think I have to go take BP," he said.

"Okay."

"I really wanted to keep talking to you. Can I have your number?"

That caught you off guard. You blushed, heart racing again.

"Sure. Well, you could give me yours," you said, digging into your pocket and taking out your phone. You unlocked it and opened the messages app before handing it to him. He took a few moments to type it in before handing your phone back.

"I'll talk to you tonight?" he questioned.

"Sure."

"Great. See ya, (Your Name)."

"So, how'd it go?" Bryce asked after the game.

"Pretty good," you answered. You were going to continue, but the sound of your phone going off distracted you. You opened your phone, finding the text was from Trea. You had texted him earlier to make sure he had your number.

TREA
thanks for letting me give you my number. are you free on saturday? we have an off-day

You showed the text to Bryce.

"Say yes!" he exclaimed

"I was going to, don't worry," you muttered as you typed a response.

(YOUR NAME)
sounds great. i'll look forward to it

You hit send before locking your phone, smiling. "Looks like your matchmaking has finally worked, Bryce."

trea is so cute lol

trea is so cute lol

12.11.16