xciii | carlos gonzalez

DISNEY | for -cargooo5

-

"Carlos! Slow down!" Jess exclaimed, running to catch up with her boyfriend, Carlos. He didn't slow down, however, and continued at his quick pace.

The two were on their way to Disneyland. Carlos had been looking forward to it since they had planned it during his baseball season, as he had never gone. Jess, who had gone many times before, was more excited to see his reactions than anything. She was having a good time already.

They waited in to get into the park for a short while, Carlos grabbing onto Jess' hand as he looked around. She just smiled up at him, amused by his childish behavior. 

"What do you wanna do first?" Jess questioned, looking up at him as they walked side by side.

"I don't know," he responded. "I looked at the website earlier. There's so much to decide from."

"How about a roller coaster?" She grinned, knowing that he hated roller coasters.

"Only the small ones," Carlos told her.

"Deal."

From there, they walked around the park, riding various rides. Though Carlos wasn't a huge fan of roller coasters, he seemed to be having fun. Jess did allow him to choose the rides they did and did not go on, which he appreciated greatly.

Carlos had bought the two Mickey ears, because of course he did, and Jess insisted on taking a picture of him with them on. Of course, he complied. Afterwards, they bought lunch and found a table to sit at to eat. Jess took what she thought was a hilarious picture of Carlos mid-bite, Mickey ears still on and all(Carlos didn't find this nearly as funny).

They continued to walk around, riding various rides and enjoying the beautiful theme park that they both enjoyed so much. By the end of the night, Jess' feet hurt and all she wanted to do was go home and sleep. However, Carlos had different plans.

"C'mon, babe," she pleaded. "My feet are killing me."

"We're just waiting for one last thing. Be patient," he told her.

"What are we even waiting for?" she asked, becoming annoyed with her boyfriend.

"Like I said, you'll see," Carlos repeated.

"You're lucky I won't leave you here," she grumbled, leading Carlos over to an empty bench.

"As great as that would be," he began as she sat down with a sigh, "that probably wouldn't be good, considering we leave in the morning."

"Exactly," she responded, pouting and crossing her arms. "That's why we should leave sooner rather than later."

Carlos glanced at his phone, reading the time before looking back up at her. "Let's go. It should be starting soon."

"Are you really going to make me walk ever further?" she questioned, not even wanting to think about walking farther than she had to.

"I'll carry you."

Jess couldn't say no to that. She stood up, hopping onto Carlos' back. She rested her chin on his shoulder as he walked, neither of them saying a word. Jess probably would have fallen asleep if Carlos hadn't set her down when he did. She looked around, trying to figure out where they were.

"Can you tell me what we're waiting for now?" she questioned.

As if on queue, something lit up the sky. Jess looked up to see a firework explode, lighting up the dark sky.

"This is what you insisted on taking me to?" she asked, not taking her eyes off the display.

"Of course," he said, and Jess could feel his grin, "I did my research."

The two just watched in silence before she felt his fingers on his chin, turning her towards him. She turned to face him completely, smiling at him.

"I love you," he told her quietly.

"I love you, too," she echoed, leaning in and kissing him like she had done so many times before.

------------------------------

a disney-related chapter just in time for mickey's birthday

11.18.17