cx | eric hosmer

location

Allie turned the pristine baseball in her hands, examining the small blue writing on the side

Allie turned the pristine baseball in her hands, examining the small blue writing on the side. The sight still baffled her. Of all people, why had the Eric Hosmer noticed her?

She had been sitting in the front row at Kauffman Stadium, watch her favorite sports team, the Kansas City Royals, warm up before their game. The sight was absolutely beautiful. She had always thought Kauffman Stadium was gorgeous, and being this close to the field made the experience so much better. It had been one of a few times that she had been to the ballpark, but she had never sat that close.

Allie had almost gasped when she saw Eric Hosmer. He had been her favorite player for the longest time, so she always got excited at the rare chance to see him in person. It was always such a surreal experience to see him and the team in person. She absolutely loved it.

She had only been half paying attention when she spotted Eric walking towards her. Her heart leaped as they made eye contact, and she quickly looked away, figuring that there was no way he was looking at her and there was no way he wanted anything to do with her.

Little to say that she was surprised when he held a baseball out to her. She took it with wide eyes, her heart leaping as their hands brushed. He simply smiled at her before walking away.

Now, Allie wondered if she should text Eric or not. Clearly, he hadn't wanted to get in contact with her, but would he think she was too eager? It was noon the next day--she had spent most of her morning in a mental debate with herself--but it still felt too early.

Sighing, she decided to just go for it. For whatever reason, Eric had taken interest in her, and surely he would be excited to get a message from her. That's what she told herself, at least.

Her hands shook as she typed his number into her phone. Taking a breath, she began her message.

Hello Eric,

Nope.

Good afternoon,

Too formal.

Hey Eric,

Close enough.

This is Allie, the girl you gave your number to at the game last night.

Deciding not to think about it too much, she pressed send. It was a slightly odd way to end a text, but what else could she really say? She definitely did not want to freak him out.

She got a response about 10 minutes later after she had finally calmed down. Obviously, the response didn't help her on that side of things. However, it was a very positive response, so she had that going for her.

Hey Allie, I'm happy to hear from you! You looked fairly frightened when I walked up to you yesterday, so I hoped I hadn't scared you off.

She laughed, her nervousness slowly fading as she replied.

No, not at all. I was just shocked and pretty nervous.

Ah, that makes sense. Are you free later today?

The Royals had an off day. Allie had almost forgotten about that.

Yeah, I get weekends off.

How about I take you to dinner tonight, then?

Allie couldn't help but grin.

That'd be amazing.

---

She wanted to spend much more time with Eric, Allie decided. After her major freak out over the fact that she was going to dinner with Eric freaking Hosmer, she had been able to look past that and have an absolutely amazing time. Eric was funny, sweet, and everything she had expected him to be. She was still starstruck, but she was falling for him.

Since their dinner together, they had texted a lot. Of course, Eric was busy, but he responded whenever he could and Allie understood that his profession came first. And, though her job was important, that didn't stop her from texting him during work.

Something wrong, sweetheart?

Allie smiled. He had already gotten in the habit of calling her that, and she certainly didn't mind it.

I'm just tired and hungry

Where do you work? I'll bring you something

Oh, Eric, you don't have to do that.

I want to, Allie. Send me your location and I'll be there with food in a bit

She rolled her eyes, but she genuinely appreciated the gesture. Without a second thought, she tapped 'share your location.'

what do you mean eric isn't a royal ?? i'm p sure this was requested before he was traded but

07.28.18