cv | kyle hendricks

house hunters | for krisbryants

-

"Why is this so difficult?" Allison groaned, hitting her head on the table in front of her a bit harder than she had intended. She and her husband, Kyle, had been house hunting for weeks--the both had been wanting to move out of Kyle's small apartment--and so far they hadn't had any luck.

From his seat on the couch next to Allison, Kyle laughed. "We'll find something," he told her, sliding the laptop to face him before picking it up and setting it on his lap, continuing to scroll through the listings in the local Chicago area.

Kyle never really got frustrated with things like this like Allison did. He was almost always calm, cool, and collected, and Allison admired that about him. He had been nothing but a breath of fresh air throughout the whole process.

"See? Look at this one," Kyle called. Allison finally picked her head off of the table, leaning back to look at the laptop screen. The house looked nice, that was for sure. It was in their price range, and Allison immediately liked the house.

"Where is it?" she questioned, as she couldn't find the location listed anywhere on the screen.

At that, Kyle grinned. "Wrigleyville."

Allison raised an eyebrow. "Really?" He nodded, scrolling the page down to prove himself. "Wow. It's gorgeous."

"I know. It's a nice location, too. I've been through there a couple times."

For Kyle and Allison, the location of the house was absolutely perfect. Kyle had been pitching for the Chicago Cubs for a couple of years, and it appeared that he would be spending many more with the team.

"We have to go see it," Allison told Kyle, ecstatic that they had found what seemed to be the perfect house.

Kyle laughed at her tone. "I was thinking the same thing."

So, just a couple days later, Kyle and Allison made their way to the house in question, located in the all-too-familiar Wrigleyville. The house better than Allison could have ever imagined. It felt perfect for them. Simple, but beautiful. It fit their relationship perfectly, Allison thought.

It didn't take them long to decide to call the house home. The couple could not have been more excited. This was the house they had dreamed of. It was so much better than the small apartment Kyle had purchased when he had first moved to Chicago.

After the baseball season ended in a disappointing postseason loss for the Cubs, the two finally moved in. It was both a tiring and amazing experience for the two. As hectic as moving was, they both knew it'd be completely worth it. Finally having the house of their dreams was worth all the effort.

Kyle set the last box down in the living room, pausing to look at the various sized boxes that scattered the room. They had just finished moving everything into the house but hadn't really unpacked anything yet besides the bit of silverware they needed for dinner that night.

Allison walked into the living room, meeting Kyle's gaze. She smiled at him. "That's the last one, right?" He nodded, and she smiled wider. "This is amazing, Kyle. I don't think we could have asked for anything better."

"I agree," he told her, walking up to her. He wrapped his arms around her. "How did we get so lucky?"

Allison laughed. "I really, really don't know."

-----------

ah this was short but i hope you liked it alli!

06.30.18