Pikeville

Chyna road quietly as Ellison and Cotton arrived at Anse's timber lands

Chyna road quietly as Ellison and Cotton arrived at Anse's timber lands. Most of the men now tolerated her presence there very well, only excluding Jim Vance and Johnse. Cap spotted the three arriving up the road. Half the hill was already striped clear of trees, but this wasn't even half of the Timber Anse owned.

Cap pressed his hat to his head and glanced at Tom Skunkhair, "hol' up a minute" Cap said before darting off down the hill, leaving a bewildered Tom behind with a tree that hadn't yet been untouched. Tom shook his head as he watched his friend run off down hill and took a long swig from his flask muttering "aint got good sense". A smile followed a chuckle as Tom saw Cap slow down halfway and straighten out his old pea coat, correct his poster and calmly walk the rest of the way down the hill to meet with Ellison and Cotton. Tom's eyes fell on the nigro girl along with them, Ellison extened a hand to help her out but Cap rushed in first. He shook his head again "none at all" Tom muttered clearly amused.

"I got it Uncle Ellisson" Cap said as he brushed between Cotton and Ellison holding out his hand for Chyna. Chyna raised a brow "I can manage very well to exit outa a waggon just fine on my own" she muttered eyes darting around carefully. However, a majority of the men were hard at work and those resting were talking amongst one another paying them no mind. "Oh? You aint very graceful cant have you falling out and giving a personal hello to the dirt with your face" Cap chuckled.

Chyna puffed out cheeks with mild playful anger and Caps eyes smiled brightly. He liked the face she mad when she was kinda mad. Her cheeks fluffed out slightly and her eyes shimmered, then her bottom lip poked out slightly in a small pout and-

Cap stopped his thoughts and mentally shook his head before clearing his throat. Cotton watched him with a sulky glare. Cap had finally noticed his eyes had traced her face, over all the traits he had been thinking about and Chyna had adverted her eyes just a bit.

Ellison cleared his throat and placed himself closer to Chyna. He offered Cap a bright warm smile "hold it now, Cap. Chyna's plently graceful in 'er own right" Ellison said. Chyna felt her face heat up, Cap turned his eyes up to Ellison to find his uncle's gaze did not match the warm smile that was on his face. Rather he was met with a sharp warning stare. Cap's eyes clouded over in a dull haze as he returned the stare.