A Cabin in the Hills

"She's suffering small seizures or could be mini strokes

"She's suffering small seizures or could be mini strokes." said doctor Rutherford after Chyna explained what was going on. "Seizures? Just fro gettin knocked in the head?" Cap asked. Chyna had conviently left out the parts about having her head stomped.

"Gave her a concussion, it can happen." Rutherford said. Cap crossed his arms and shook his head. "Is there no test or nothin you can run?" He asked. Rutherford laugh. "This aint D.C what you see hanging on the walls is all I got to work with I'm afraid."

"Well...well what if it's poison? You know that guys pretty hell bent on gettin 'er. Might've been followin her. Say he sneaks in the Shanty when its closed an' puts somethin in the food. Or say the last run in he had he made her drink somethin while she was all knocked out." Cap rammbled.

"Iris and Clyde aint sick though. The first idea is jus crazy." Chyna said. Cap shrugged "still coulda happened an' you can't say it aint possible that he gave you something when you were knocked out." Cap seemed sure of it. That man in black did something to cause this, other than bashing Chyna around.

"Imma gonna kill him, kill him and skin 'im and feed whats left of him to the pigs" Cap said getting more mad with each passing second. "Or you could wound him and send him my way, you know this feud of yours and all its little branches, is making me a lot of money." Said Rutherford. Chyna and Cap looked on at him with an dull gaze. "Yeah well....the sorrow, burn and pain is gonna send us right to the grave at this rate." Chyna muttered.

"That aint somethin to joke about." Cap said. "Dont see me laugnin' now do ya. Im serious Cap." Chyna said. They thank Rutherford and exited his office. Cap stopped walking, pain in his eyes as he watched Chyna walk. She stopped not hearing his steps behind her. "Hm?" She hummed turning to face him. "Whats the matter?" She asked.

"If you think its that bad...you can leave. Nobodies making you stay." Cap said, his words took on a tone she'd only heard him use with those that stood against him. "Cap." Chyna sighed tiredly, grabbing his hand as sneakily as she could she lead him down towards the Shanty, behind the building near the old tree, hidden from others.

He still had that look in his eyes. Chyna swipped at the hair framing his face. "It'd take a mad red confederate army of 300 guns to get me to leave." She said. "Hatfields didnt bash me about, an angry raping drunkard of a bounty hunter did. An' he only hated me for savin Luella and beatin him with a horse shoe. The Hatfields didnt drag me into...whatever this is, I did that. I jumped in it head first when Tolbert and Pharmer laid Ellison down." said Chyna.

Cap watch her with an unwavering gaze. "I made all of yous buisness my own, the moment I chose to stay and look after Cotton, because it wasn't just Cotton. It became Levicy, who works herself to hard, and you whos to gosh darn stuborn, and Johnsey who is always in trouble.  Sarah who likes to sew things, Arvella who just wants too know why, how and when about the unknow. Robert E. and his quest to learn every skill out there, the jack of all trades." Chyna knew she rambling now but Cap seemed to be just as caught up in listening.