No Bells A Ringin'

Alifair McCoy poured a cup of coffee for Perry Cline and her father Randal

Alifair McCoy poured a cup of coffee for Perry Cline and her father Randal. Her brothers Jim and Calvin sat at the table and enjoyed breakfast while their younger siblings played outside. Sally sat in her rocking chair, staring out the window. Her gaze like she was looking into the past, eyes heavy and tired with sorrow. This is how she spent most of her days.

"Mama you sure you wont eat some?" Alifair ask turning to her mother. Sally stiffly turned her gaze away from the window and cast a failing smile towards her. "No, thank you sweetheat. I'm fine." She said.

Alifair walked to her mother and patted her shoulder gently brforr kissing the top of her head. "There's somethin' you been wantin' to tell me? What is it?" Randal asked Perry in a low slightly hushed tone. Perry looked down into his coffee and heaved a heavy sigh.

Looking up Perry locked Randals eyes and for a moment seemed lost for words. "Your nephew, Paris has been killed." Perry said quietly. Calvin's heart dropped and he looked ip athis brother Jim. "Good lord" Randal breathed. Jim McCoy pushed his plate away from him a slow rage turning in his gut.

"Poor Paris" Randal whispered. Jim took a sip of his water as if it could cool down the anger. "You gotta do something about it, Randal. There are more detectives and family coming back dead every week." Said Perry, Randal shook his head hopelessly.

"We can't keep poking a mad bear with a twig and making it madder. We need a big stick. Someone prepared to execute our indictments."  Perry said. Jim sat down his glass and stood up "pa?" He called Calvin watched him eyes red from the salty tears that threatened to fall. "Let me do it. I'll get my brothers killers." Jim said.

Calvin stood up quickly and stood behind his brother. "I'll be his right hand." Calvin offered fists clench tightly. "I can fire a gun, pa." Randal listened two his eldest remaining boys with an unsure glance. "I appreciate it, but the only succes we've had in capturing our fugitives has been with Bad Frank." Perry said quickly.

Fire raged in Randals at the name "I do not like that man. That man is a savage." He said in a dark grumble. Perry shook his head "but the only one equal to the task." Perry reasoned. "Can this bad man-" Salley called gazing far off into the past while gently rocking in her chair "this savage," her words held a soft contempt "can he bring me my boys back?" Sally asked, her eyes shifted to the four men.

They turned to her, lowered their heads and adverted their eyes. It was a question that was its own answer.

Nancy road in a cart through the woods with Cotton, Alex and  Elijah Messer, headed for Johnsey's Shine operation. The ride was unbearable as no one said a word. Cotton sat in the back in the hay with Elijah while Nancy rode on the seat next to Alex. He watched Nancy carefully.

To Cotton, she seemed nice and didn't look mean. But the idea that Cap believed she had poisoned Chyna was a scary thought that would not leave the back of his mind.