Road to New York

"You be careful out there

"You be careful out there." Luella said as she stood before the coach Chyna and Cap watchingnas she reached the end of a safety rant.

"Dont go talking to no body til you get there, there's folk huntin for old fog eye over there." Luella said looking up at Cap. He rolled his eyes "i aint afraid of no bounty men, I'm sure I made that clear." He said.

Chyna gave his arm a pat "let her be" she said holding back a chuckle. "Come on! Luella, let 'em go!" Cotton called in an impatient whine, from his seat next to Jon at the coaches reigns.

Cap snickered silent and reach his arm around Chyna's back, "Cots right, Lu ee ought to head off. Burnin' too much daylight jus' standing here." He said. Luella gave anngreat big sigh "fine- fine. But i expect a letter while youre gone. Write it as soon as you get there." She said.

Chyna who had been looking about to make sure the streets where still empty in the early morning, nodded. "Aint no one out herr Chyna." Cap muttered tightening his hold around her waist. Yet coming up the road she spotted a lone rider and swiftly brushed off Cap's arm.

Cap frowned and Luella sighed. "Well go on - get in before anyone takes too much notice." She said. Cap turned quickly on his heel and walked to the coach, climbing in just as fast.

Luella brough Chyna into a hug, turning to her ear she whispered "you gotta stop that, fear aint worth hia feelings is it?"

With those words Luella let go of Chyna "he'll protect you - you know that by now. Now go on." Luella said. Chyna smiled faintly, she wasnt so sure she could abandon caution, butbLuella wasnt wrong.

Chyna walked off and got into the coach as well. Jon raised his hat as a goodbye to Luella before getting the coach in motion.

Cap rested his head in the palm of his hand and gazed put the window. Letting the gentle breeze the speed of the coach kicked up cool his face. His eyelid fluttered as he was stuck in thought.

A distant stare into the passing trees.

Chyna watch him in the quiet, the conversation between Cotton and Jon seemed far away. Yet still Cap seemed even farther as he sat as vlose to the door as he could.

Chyna slowly made small timid hops across the seat, trying to close the distance. He didn't seem to notice.

Once much closer Chyna looked about the inside of the coach and twiddled her fingers, Cap found himself glancing down at her while her gaze wascaway from him. He he wasn't so stuborn, he might have laughed at how painfully clumsy her attempt had been, he might have taken her hand.

But he just wanted to brood a bit more, just a bit. Cap turned his eyes back to the trees and gave a long heavy sigh.

Chyna looked up at him, leaning over she wrapped her arms around the arm he rested in his lap and lay her head against his shoulder. She'd him sulk, it was fair, but he wasn't going to do it alone or from so far away.