Mother May I

Cap helped Chyna out of the wagon, and sprinted for his families home, He hadn't noticed how eager he was to check up on everyone

Cap helped Chyna out of the wagon, and sprinted for his families home, He hadn't noticed how eager he was to check up on everyone. While Chyna and Cotton were left to the wagon, Chyna found herself smiling faintly, she would have to think long and hard on how to convince each and everyone of them to leave the land, or He would not be happy, having to leave even one of them behind.

Resting a hand on her stomach she exhaled, staying her wasn't an option.

"what's wrong Chyna? you got a belly ache?" Cotton asked her, he'd noticed she had seemed to touch her stomach an awful lot today. Chyna held back a giggle as she shook her head "no, Cotton. I'm ok." She said with a growing smile. 

Cotton however was hardly convinced, even still he shrugged it off. 

After helping Cotton hitch the horses, she followed him into the Hatfield home, Sarah Arvella and Robert E. were circled around Cap, each child asking questions all at once. "I get it, I know. but calm down!" Cap called over them. "you're talkin' too fast." he added.

"am not! your ears is too slow, listen faster then!" Sarah shouted trying to be heard over her siblings. Hearing the door close, Sarah's eyes turned to Chyna and Cotton, and in a little blur of a navy blue dressed she ran.

"Chyna!" she called, leaping. Chyna stumbled slightly but managed to support the girl. "you're much to big to be bein' held! you'll break 'er back, now get down." Levicy's voice cut through. In her arms she bounced little Elliot, casting a sharp glance to real in her children.

Sarah pouted as Chyna sat her down, "yes ma'am." Sarah grumbled. "we only missed them mama." said Arvella. "Robert E. aint no good at having tea parties or gossipin'" Sarah muttered under her breath. Chyna giggled at Sarah who went to join Arvella at the dinning room table. "to your chores, you can speak with them later." Levicy ordered, the kids groaned and were on their way.

"well look who's come on back." Elias' voice chimed in. He stepped through the door with his fiddle in tow, going to greet Cap. "an' how was it up there in New York?" Elias asked, leading Cap  further into the mountain home. "Not bad, uncle Lias.  can't say it wasn't eventful though." Cap said following beside him.

"Cotton there's food on the stove, help yourself." Levicy offered, Chyna could feel her eyes digging into her. "thanks auntie Levicy!" Cotton said, happily making his way to the food.

With a timid glance Chyna looked towards Levicy, her whole face seemed to be stuck in a large frown, right up to her hairline. "Chyna...Elliot could use some fresh air, walk with me." Levicy said, her words short. Chyna's palm started to sweat, "She can't know...I don't look no different...maybe she's mad we was gone so long. maybe she ain't for us leavin." Chyna thought to herself, trying to guess and work out a hundred reasons of why Levicy was being sharp.

Not that the woman wasn't always a little prickled, but it had been a long time since Chyna had seen that stone like expression on her face.

"yes, Ma'am." Chyna said, holding the door open for Levicy and Elliot to walk through.