Chapter - 1

Chapter - 1:

The deadline for the project is approaching very fast. I need to give a presentation regarding the overview of the software that our entire team of 50 members have been developing since 2 months and I even have to check whether everyone are progressing or facing any issues.

The moment I started checking the status of every team member I heard a sentence from my team member which made me still for a minute.

"Mam I still have errors in this code, can you help me? I have been trying this since 30 minutes?"

Sometimes I don't understand this. whenever time period to complete a project is too short then only errors would occur maximum and mostly because of incompatibility issues. But what to do there is only one last week left over to complete the entire project which works properly and is of high quality.

With that thought I started checking the system properties and environment variables. Then suddenly I heard someone calling my name Priya. But when I turned I saw everyone working like everyday.

But still I heard the same voice who is calling me repeatedly, which I ignored thinking may be because of work pressure I'm imagining things. But no, suddenly I felt a large amount of water fall on my face. How could water fall all of sudden from nowhere and without turning on smoke alarms?? Then I felt another glass of water falling on my face. That's when I woke up.

God!! was that just my dream or was I really working in a company? My mom Latha stared at me as if I had grown 2 heads and suddenly asked me,

"Was that error solved?"

"God only knows ma"

"Why, what happened?"

"I was about to solve it and you decided to wake me up at correct time ma. How could manage to wake me up daily at the right moment? ? If there is any world record for waking up at the right time then I will definitely nominate you."

My mom winked and said " If there is such thing then definitely I will nominate you for dreaming about the same thing everyday". At that moment my brother chandu came and said "you are right ma, you better nominate her for world record at least then she will dream about it. Everyday I'm tired of listening to same dream. Girls at this age generally dream about Shahrukh khan or Mahesh Babu but look at her😑."

I sighed hearing it. That's right..... I have been dreaming about working in a software company as a trainee then as a employee and now as a project leader. I patted myself for showing such a progress even in dreams. Come on, one should be proud of it.

You might probably wondering why I'm dreaming like that right, that's because I have graduated under CSE  branch and got placed in one of the best companies 'czt company'. It's almost 4 months since college completed but I still didn't receive call letter. Some of my friends got call letter and joined but I'm still waiting for it and dreaming at the same time.

In order to utilize the time I even learned rangoli, cooking few basic recipes but still, its boring. You might be wondering why don't I go out have fun with friends right? I can't because I'm an introvert and I have a very few friends.

My mom came again into my room to check whether I slept again or not but she was lucky, as I was busy in thinking that I forgot going back to sleep. She sighed and said "don't worry you will receive call letter" and kissed my forehead. With a lazy smile I got up and decided to get ready for the day.

While I was busy reading novel in my phone which became a habit very recently, I heard the doorbell ringing sound. Being a lazy person that I am(hey wait, No! I'm not lazy. It's just that these many holidays made me lazy), didn't get up to see the door and continued to read novel. Both my mom and dad answered the door, the guest was Sudheer uncle and his family, one of my father's childhood friend who came to Hyderabad for a tour along with his family.