Chapter - 21

Aakash's pov:

After a week when everything was normal, one fine morning I said to mom that Priya want to work in a software company. My mom looked sadly and said

"Son, but why does she need to do job? We have everything right?"

"We have ever thing mom, but it's her interest to work in a company and use her skills which she learned in college till now"

"But.."

"Mom..please"

"No son, this is final she is not going to work in any company"

"Why mom?"

"Because I want you both to live happily and have children with whom I want to play"

I could feel Priya standing behind me breaking her knuckles, which she does when she is stressed about something.

*oh hello, how do you know that it's Priya who is standing?* my brain questioned me.

I smiled and said
*I could feel it. My heartbeat increases when ever she is near to me*

*could you speak truth please?* my brain said giving stop -messing-with-me look. 

*okay😅 well I actually heard her bangles sound and my heart beat also increased so I confirmed that it's Priya standing there*

"Son... what happened?? Where are you lost??"

"Sorry mom. As I was telling, Priya is interested to join a company and work for few years"

"No son. Its not happening" my mom replied sternly.

I sighed not knowing what to do. Then she looked at me and said

"Look Aakash, Priya doesn't know how to cook edible food too and if she joins a company then who is going to take care of your food and health in Mumbai?"

Before I could interrupt her, she said
"Your father and I want to see our grand children before we die."

"Mom please don't speak like that. You guys will be there with me"

She nodded 'No' and said with teary eyes
"Looks like Sangeetha said correct only, once people get married then everything changes right? You never rejected what I said but today you are..you are.."

*what did Sangeetha aunt say?*my brain asked for which I shrugged as I too don't know and then saw Priya walking back into kitchen wiping her eyes.

I excused myself and went into kitchen, I could see my mom shocked when left her and went to talk with my wife.

Priya's pov:

I know Aakash always supported my career but looks like mom won't approve it. But will it mean that I could never dream about my career ?? I went into kitchen as I don't want my mom and Aakash to see my sobbing state. But suddenly Aakash came there and held my hand and asked

"Priya, do you trust me or not?"

I nodded not looking into his eyes. He smiled and lifted my head holding my chin so that I will look into his eyes directly. He stood up slowly and gently dragged me to living room where he was talking with mom.

I could see mom crying too but she  wiped off her tears when we both entered room. Then Aakash gestured me to sit beside my mom on the sofa. My mom didn't even look at me which made me feel sad because till now she treated me like her own daughter but from today onwards she may show the difference too.

Aakash smiled and kneeled down before his mom and held her hands in his but looked towards me and said

"Priya, do you know my mom was very good classical dancer. She loved dance so much that she use to practise it everyday for 3 hours in home after college ends."

I looked in awe😍 and continued looking at Aakash because I was too scared to even glance at mom.he smiled and said

"After her education my mom wanted to do participate in national wide dance competition but suddenly marriage was fixed and then she was pregnant"

I could see how proud Aakash was of his mom's talent in dance and then he continued
"When my father came to know about this he asked my mom to decided whether she is interested in dance after having the baby but do you know what my mom said?"

I nodded NO.

"My mom said that having a child is best gift and wants to take the responsibility of the baby by forgetting the dance"

Tears were clearly visible in Aakash's and mom's eyes😢😢. Then he said

"My mom loved us more than her dream, so because of responsibilities she never attended any dance class or a dance competition after that"

Then he looked at mom and said
"Mom, you were scared to tell dad about your interest in dance but by the time you said..." She nodded as she understood what happened.

"But Priya said me about her dream and interest in woking in a company. And I really want to make her dream true, mom"

Mom still didn't speak anything but remained silent then Aakash said.

"Please mom..please think about it. If Priya thought then would have joined a comoany directly but she really respects you that's why she want your acceptance in it too"

Then mom looked at me and I tried to smile, she took her hands from Aakash's and hugged me and it's then we both started crying.

After few minutes we heard
"Common mom does it mean you are saying yes??"

Mom nodded in acceptance and I took her blessing. That day Aakash said me to prepare these 2 months for interviews and start trying for jobs when we live in Mumbai.

--------------------------------------------------
Aakash's pov:

It's been a month and Priya is able to adjust in our house pretty quickly. She recently experimented 4 cooking recipes in which 1 was good and the remaining were too good that I wasn't able to tolerate aroma even😂😂 but still tasted them. She was very  disappointed by her cooking skills so I thought of motivating her by teaching her 'chocolate pudding' because I know she loves chocolates.

If I say 'she loved it' then that would be an understatement because the entire day she was speaking about it only and she even noted the recipe too.

*ohh enough of your self boosting episode 😎* my brain said.

*Hey I wasn't boosting myself*

*oh hello, you are*

*Fine leave it, then*

I know Priya hate waking up in  the morning but she will wake up at 4am sharp and prepare for interviews. After that she will learn few recipes and will note them in a book, in the evening we both will discuss the doubts she got while reading.

I really enjoyed teaching her few practical applications. She will grasp everything so quickly and she had good knowledge in theory subjects it also helped. After having dinner we both participate in some online coding contests. It sometimes really wonders me hoe she manages to stay cool and code the problem within minutes in spite of pressure during the contest. I hope she will get complete confidence and achieve her dream.

------------------------
Author's note:

Hi everyone. Please comment your views about today's chapter😊😊.

Please vote and share the story if you like it.

By,
orange_marigold