Chapter - 22

Priya's pov:

* It's so simple, just count from 10 to 1 and continue the task of watching the road, and repeat the process 🙄* my brain suggested.

* but I can't multi task😓 * I said glaring at my brain.

"Common Priya, it's definitely ok, even if you fall you may just get few scratches,that's all." Riya yelled standing on the footpath of our colony's road.

Wondering what I am doing right? Well I ..am..I ...am... trying to learn how to drive scooty because only 1 month left for Aakash and I to shift to Mumbai and I don't want to strain him by depending on him.

When I was in my angel's house, my father use to take me where ever I want to go; here in Aakash's house, dad,Aakash and sometimes Riya also dropped me if I want to visit any place. But in Mumbai I need to be strong enough to adapt that situation of handling things on my own and less depending on Aakash.

*good. you did think a lot * my brain said.

*thanks* I mumbled.

"Common Priya, why are you scared to raise accelerator? "Riya shouted from other side of the road.

"What if the scooty suddenly speeds up and I get involved in an accident?"

Though I didn't see her face I could feel her being shocked.

"Common Priya,  raise accelerator  it's been 10 minutes and you haven't crossed this almost deserted colony road."

That's right there are very few vehicles in colony road so it's safe to practise driving but I don't know why, when ever I raise accelerator I feel that I may hit someone.

*wow you do watch lot of news channel right?* my brain asked.

I hummed and tried to drive without raising accelerator and maintaining a perfect speed of 0 km😟

*enough for today, try again tomorrow* my brain said.

*thanks*

I mumbled and got down and pushed vehicle till I reached house and Riya gave a complete diappointed look. After parking the scooty in the house we went inside to eat some snacks as we were tired.

* Tired??? You??? If someone is tired then it's Riya for encouraging you. You didn't even drive from starting till the end of the colony road * my brain said in disappointed tone.

Riya looked at me when I popped pop corn in oven and said
"Hey Priya, today you showed a good improvement you know?"

I want to ask whether it's real or not but I didn't because, I somehow know the answer. Then I heard the beep sound of oven and took out the bowl of popcorn and we both started to walk towards living room for watching TV, then she said

"Priya, I really mean it when I say today you improvement"

I still didn't look at her, I am not angry on her but I am just angry on myself for being this dependent on everyone. Then Riya smiled and said

"Common, yesterday you left the scooty and ran after I pressed the start button and you did it yourself, yeah there is improvement. Don't worry Priya you will learn how to drive scooty within a month."

I nodded and we both started to eat pop corn. After an hour Aakash came home and Riya said about my 'so called improvement'. He didn't say anything but raised his eyebrow when he heard that I got down from scooty and pushed it till our house while returning.

He looked at me and said
"I will help you in this. Let's try once more" He said confidently but I still nodded because this thought of accident is not leaving my brain.

He hugged me and whispered in my ear that he will take me to a special place after he had shower. Just like he said when he got ready he took scooty keys instead of car's keys and started to walk towards it.

I dragged him backwards holding elbow and said

"Aakash let's go in your car and not in scooty please" I pleaded him by giving puppy eye look. He looked at me for moment analysing my facial expressions and said

"What are you actually scared of Priya? "

I hugged him tightly and he also returned it immediately and I felt relaxing. After few minutes I said him about my thoughts and the main reason that scared me.

He looked at me and said
"Then it's time to start to work on theory first"

Theory?? That sounds superb and easy. I need to remember some basic points right, that's easy and I will handle anything in theory.

I smiled brightly and took the helmet from Aakash's head and literally grabbed the keys from his hands😂😂 and placed it in the box.

He then took the laptop and we both sat in balcony of our house enjoying the sunset. He smiled and said

"Ok as you are scared of hitting someone I will teach you about the circumstances in which generally accidents happen and how to avoid it."

I nodded so enthusiastically that my brain was scared that my head would fall off.

Then Aakash started showing and teaching few signs and how people use indicators telling remaining people that they want to turn into this direction or that. This theory class somewhat calmed my tension. Then Aakash showed images few signs boards which explain the max speed limit in which we can drive, the shape of roads and junctions such as (T, Y junctions roads).

After he explained he closed the laptop and looked at me. I was little calmed after listening to Aakash and I tried to memorise the sign boards and hand moments while driving. He smiled at me and said let's go for a drive in scooty ?

*common say yes..yes..it's a 3 letter word and so simple ..just say yes* my brain screamed.

I nodded and brought helmets for both of us and keys of scooty. When I handed it to Aakash he suddenly hugged me and said

"Everything will be fine. Just be with me Priya"

I nodded, may be he understood that I was still scared as hands are getting cold minute by minute whenever anyone speak about driving a scooty.

Aakash started the scooty by pressing start button and sat in the front seat. I placed my right hand on his right shoulder and sat in one sided direction. Aakash took me to a ice cream parlour and we both ate my favourite ice cream.

In the return journey he started explaining when and how to use clutch, break and accelerator. Though I couldn't see clearly I did remember what he said.

I hope tomorrow I will drive at least from start till end of our colony road.

--------------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Hi everyone. In today's chapter I tried to show how Priya was dependent on everyone. In next chapter they both will start their journey to Mumbai and from that chapter onwards the story will mainly focus on Priya's dream and how Aakash will help her.

Please comment your opinion about today's chapter in the comment section.

Please vote and share the story if you like it.

By,
orange_marigold