Chapter - 2

Chapter - 2:

I was beyond shocked and stilled in my position. My angel gave a happy teary smile. My dad was happy too. My brain just became blank because I always want to do job and then get married but looks like life has something different for me. I said to my angel that I need to speak with her she nodded in agreement and took me to my room.

I have started explaining that I always wished to do job before. She tried to convince me that Aakash is a good guy and earns well which made my mom think that, I will be happy. But will I truly be happy if I get married ?? A lot was going on in my brain. In living room my dad and Sudheer uncle started discussing about how easily Aakash and I could adjust together with each other.

I just want to run into living room and yell at them but I refrained myself from doing so. Everyone got busy discussing about wedding plans that, they even forgot to ask whether I want to get married to Aakash or not. A lone tear escaped my eye because I felt that my decision of doing job would remain as dream only. At that time Aakash suddenly came near me and asked whether I like to marry him or not. That made me cry even more and suddenly everyone started staring me with a big question mark.

Aakash being a good guy asked me that he wants to talk personally by taking me to some coffee shop. I looked at my father for his acceptance and he nodded head in agreement. Coffee shop is very near to our house which takes just 5 minutes walk.

We walked into coffee shop and sat in nearest empty table by the window

We walked into coffee shop and sat in nearest empty table by the window. I started looking everywhere except Aakash. Then he decided to start the conversation.

"Priya, I know you were feeling uncomfortable there that's why I asked to take you out"

"hmmm"

"Have you loved anyone?"

"Whatt?? What made you ask this question?" I questioned him

"Please don't understand in the wrong way, you know you were smiling and talking happily but suddenly started crying when our parents decided about our marriage.. so I thought may be .. you know.. umm"

I gave him what-the-hell-look and asked

"Do you watch a lot of movies?" 

"I'm not a movie maniac. But I do watch some movies"

I nodded my head and asked him

"How much importance do you give to your decisions about career?"

Then he understood that I was thinking about my career and not about someone

"Career and life partner were and will be always an important aspects of my life and I would definitely consider my opinion first rather than others inputs"

I smiled at him and said in a low voice

"You know, till now my parents took every decision regarding my life just because I felt that they would be correct and will always choose the best for me. Till now I even dreamed about different things which may or may not become true but the first major decision which I took in my life till today was to do job"