Chapter - 12

Priya's pov:

After giving the saree to the tailor, Riya and I went to huge shop which is exclusively for bangles, earrings and necklaces (or chains, which are usually made of any metal like gold, platinum,copper, bronze and are worn to the neck mainly for embellishment). It actually took lot of time for me to convince my parents that it's not necessary to buy and wear all the gold ornaments, so they agreed for buying the ornaments made of copper and bronze(These are very cheap and mainly used when the person wants to avoid using costly ornaments or if the person will use the ornament a very few times).

I chose simple ear rings with single diamond which was shining brightly.

*All that glitters is not gold* my brain said.

*So what? I chose them because I want to look beautiful and simple along with no financial pressure on my parents*

After that I selected bangles made of pure earth's soil and which were in pink color and few of other colors. Then Riya said

"Hey Priya, why did you choose bangles made of earth's soil? These metal bangles look shiny and beautiful too"

"Yes, they are" I replied

"Then why don't you select them?" she said looking so sad

"They are looking good but the bangles made of earth's soil give nice sound when I move my hand, if you don't believe then hear this" I said and moved my hand slightly.

When she heard the sound she smiled and took few dozens of bangles in her favorite colors . Finally we both ended up buying around 15 different colors of bangles made of earth's soil, 12 bangles in each color. As Riya liked the metal bangles we bought 2 dozen of our favorite design.

It took just 2 hours for shopping today then Riya suddenly said

"Priya, I know a famous mahendi designer and she is good friend of mine, let's go there and apply mehandi to your hands"

Ok I will inform my angel first.

"Angel?"

"I mean my mom"

"okay"

I immediately called my mom and said her for which she replied

"Oh ok Priya, I always wished to see you celebrate every function of your marriage but it's ok" she said with a sad voice. I kept quite not knowing how to explain it but my angel smiled and gave permission for me to ahead.

We went to her friend's house in Aakash's car and I must say, her friend's house so simple and beautiful with a garden as fencing of the house and a small bench for sitting in the garden, the furniture inside the house also looked simple. We were greeted by Riya friend's mom.

After few minutes Riya's friend came and agreed to apply mehandi then she asked

"What is your to-be husband's name?"

"It's Aa.....Aakash Va...Varma" I blushed saying his name.

*Generally you will call him Aakash only right? Then why are you not able to tell it properly now?* my brain asked.

"It's Aakash Va..Varma"

Oh god!

*Well that was better may be you can try to pronounce his name without blushing, then you can say it, I guess* my brain suggested.

"It's "

"Ohh okay, I got it his name is Aakash Varma, right?"

I nodded trying to control the blush.