Bonus Chapter - 3

Adil's pov:

"Hey Adil, what happened? Why are you so dull since morning?" Asked my best friend Raghav.

"Nothing" I replied and we both continued walking towards our school bus.

"Today we have a lot of homework to do right? I don't know how I'm going to manage it" he said with a sigh.

I hummed and started to watch the vehicles on the road once the bus started from school. Then he suddenly said

"Hey, shall I come to your house today at 6 pm? Let's complete homework together"

I wasn't in mood to speak anything so I just replied yes. Raghav's and our house are in same area we both take the same bus everyday and that's how he became a friend to me. Our school  timings are 9 am till 4:30 pm. It takes around 40 minutes to reach our houses from the school  so we generally speak to each other about animation movies and comic books which are our common interests. But today I wasn't in the mood to speak about anything.

We got down at our usual stop. He waved me goodbye and said he would be at our house sharp 6 pm and I smiled in return.

As soon as I reached home my mom hugged me and asked about my day which is her daily routine. As I didn't reply anything she asked me to freshen up and come down to living room for watching cartoon show and to have snacks.

"Mom, today Raghav said that he would come to our house at 6 pm"

"Oh, ok son. I will prepare snacks for both of you then"

I nodded and went into my room which is in first floor. After doing my routine I came down to watch Tom and Jerry which is my entire family's favourite show. Once the lion roaring sound started all the children in our temporary joint family came and sat with me.

There are 7 children including me in our total family who actually live in different part of the world but when there is any important function everyone come and stay in one place and this time its our house because within 2 days it's my parents 15th wedding anniversary function.

All of my relatives have planned to gift my parents something but still I didn't decide what I'm going to gift them.

Last year, I gave them one photo frame for which I chose a photo of my dad hugging my mom and me. Everyone looked happy with the bright smiles and glowing faces. But this time I want to give them a better surprise gift. I have seen a beautiful gift online today morning but I don't have sufficient pocket money with me to buy it for them. 

At exactly 6 pm my best friend Raghav came. We both had snacks silently. Though he tried to start the conversation I didn't reply him thinking about my parent's gift. He still didn't say anything and we just left to my room to study.

"Study well children" my mom said to both of us and kissed my forehead. We both went up to my room and I started to open my books but Raghav sat silently looking at me

"What?" I asked him

"At Least would you answer me now about why you so dull?" He asked

"Nothing much. Everything is " though I still didn't complete the sentence I felt a pillow being thrown on my face which was obviously done by Raghav.

"YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME NOW, UNDERSTOOD??" he said very seriously

I nodded my head knowing that he will some how irritate me and let the truth out of my mouth. So I decided why not tell it straightly.

I explained him about my parents 15th wedding anniversary and how everyone planned to surprise them.

"Wow, is that the reason for the presence of every family member here?" He asked.