Chapter - 40

Priya's Pov:

"Just relax and be cool Priya, I know you will give the presentation well" my co-employee Ms. Harika said.

I nodded and closed my eyes but the only thing I remember is the face of my husband, Aakash.

"Aakash, I am really nervous"

He laughed and said

"Common Priya, you were nervous during written test, interviews and now for joining the company too?"

I covered my face with my hands and nodded. I could hear him sighing and then he dragged me towards him and said

"You need to be strong Priya, aren't you happy that you will achieve your dream?"

I removed my hands and smiled at him. He also smiled at me and said

"Common let's go. We don't want you to be late on your first day right?"

I nodded and we both sat in the car and he drove to the company. When we reached there he said

"Just relax and be cool Priya, I know everything will be fine"

I opened my eyes when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. It was none other than Harika. She smiled and said

"Everything is ready and it's time for you to start presentation. Common lets go to conference hall"

The conference hall was in 3rd floor and both walked from our cabins till there. Before entering it I decided to keep my phone in silent mode as I don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone if it rings suddenly.

Then I remembered that Aakash said he will pick me up in the evening today at 5 pm but because of some issue the presentation was delayed by 5 hours and postponed to 5 pm in the evening. So, I thought of informing Aakash about it so that he won't wait for me.

I took my cellphone and typed a message to him.

My Message: Aakash, the presentation will start now, and it may take around 2 hours to complete.

I waited for a minute but didn't get any reply..may be he was still angry on me. Yeah..you read it correctly.. Aakash and I fought for a simple issue and since 2 days he isn't talking to me except for important dialogues. I sighed and placed the phone in my hand bag and kept it in locker and entered the conference hall.

Within 5 minutes all of them assembled and I started giving the presentation after the introductions. My presentation took around 40 minutes to complete and there were 2 more employees who were suppose to give presentations after mine which took 2.5 hours exclusively for presentation.

*what if Aakash came and was waiting for you?* my brain asked.

*I don't think so..after our huge fight..he may not even think about me and would have ignored my message too* I replied sadly.

*hmm but it's common to have fights between couples.So yeah..cheer up* my brain said encouragingly.

I smiled and replied *I wish everything was normal*

After the presentations everyone discussed about how to start project and who would be involved in it, approximate time for completing..profits and losses we have to face..and a lot more which took around 1.5 hours extra to complete. After every thing was clearly announced and we all stood up and decided to leave the conference hall.

As I took time for packing my notepad, pen,laptop and pen drives. I was the last one to leave and someone opened the door and left it like that only. It was then I smelled the smell of earth's soil when it rains.