Chapter - 19

Priya's pov:

"Oh my God,  this Priya looks too advance, can anyone tell her that speaking to elders in that tone is so wrong"

I was schoked hearing to her but then I heard my mom speaking

"Don't you dare speak something like that. This will be the first and last warning to you Sangeetha"

Ohh so her name is Sangeetha.

She didn't have any guilty expression her face😞 too and in fact she looked confident and said

"Ohh common Mrs. Varma, I'm sure she is not good for anything. Look at her, firstly she isn't beautiful as Ananya and secondly she didn't even bring any dowry. So tell me is there any use to call her as your daughter in law?"

*who is this Ananya? * my brain asked for which I shrugged and answered may be some beautiful girl in Aakash's family or could be some model too.

*slap*

After hearing the slap everyone stopped having their conversation and looked in the direction of source of sound.

 Its actually my mother in law who  slapped her on her left cheek. I saw tears forming in Sangeetha aunt's eyes then she said
"Mark my words Mrs. Varma, everyone changes in such a way that they will listen to her only and will never give importance to you"

*another slap*

My mom looked so serious and shouted at her

"Just shut up Sangeetha, my daughter in law will never treat anyone badly and one more thing you don't have any right to say that she doesn't deserve to be my daughter in law."

By this time everyone stepped forward to see what was happening. Then she continued speaking

"Taking dowry or not will be decided my son as it's HIS marriage, you don't have any say in it. And one more thing why the hell are you stressing on dowry?"

But Sangeetha aunt didn't speak anything and my mom gave serious expression and shouted

"Speak out"

She nodded and said
"Umm actually... it's.. as ..everyone..."

"Speak clearly Sangeetha"

Sangeetha aunt took a step back and said
"Actually if dowry is not taken then...most of them...most of them..."

"Most of them what?"

"Most of them think that there is some problem in your son, so I just forced her so that she will bring dowry and no one points your family..and..."

*slap*

I was so angry at her that I didn't even remember that she is elder to me and I slapped. I could feel everyone staring at me and then I said

"People with your way of thinking should be punished. Just remember that if some one doesn't take dowry then it definitely doesn't indicate that they have some problem, it just shows that they understood the financial situation of the girl's family and didn't ask for it."

I took a step forward and said
"If dowry is given then can you assure that couple would live happily?? Huh?? And if they don't, then they suffer??"

Sangeetha aunt didn't speak anything but started crying then my mom said

"Stop crying Sangeetha just answer the question my Priya asked."

Sangeetha aunt didn't respond but said
"But..still..this dowry concept has been following since very..long..time.."