Chapter - 13

Aakash's pov:

I was completely exhausted by today's events. Oh my god, even in my dreams I never expected that I will wear 50 to 60 suits in one single day, thank god mom saved me today or else my father's team would have made me try 50 to 60 suits in all famous shopping malls in Hyderabad.

After that I was really happy to see Priya coming with me to the marriage register office. But my happiness ended when I heard her speaking

"I thought you lied to me about the dowry"

I always said her honest opinion and never made false promises but how can she think that I lied to her?

*Since how many years she knew you?* my brain questioned me.

*Huh? The correct question would be 'since how many days Priya know me?'* I said to my brain.

*Exactly, it's been very few days and she is trying to adjust about everything that's happening her life and may found it hard to trust you* my brain suggested me.

*You know what you are right, may be it will take some more time* I replied and thanking it.

It's then I decided to apologize her by gifting something. What should I gift her? After thinking deeply for 20 minutes also I couldn't choose anything.

*Give me some rest I will suggest something by tomorrow morning* my brain said.

*Okay* I replied and drifted into sleep.

Next day:

I woke up with the thought of gifting a pair of gold ear rings to Priya. I thanked my brain for suggesting me the idea and completed my morning routine. After that I saw the reviews of few jewelry shops most of them are good but very few people wrote that the metal using which the ornament made is not pure gold. So, instead choosing one among them I decided to go to the same jewelry shop where we bought the wedding rings.

*yeah that's a good idea* my brain suggested and I nodded and continued searching for the key of my car but didn't find them. Then I asked

"Mom, have you seen my car keys?"

"No son" she replied.

"Oh ok mom"

"Where are you going son?" my father asked.

"Umm..an..I have an important work dad and need to complete it today only"

My father nodded and continued his work.

I continued searching it until my phone beeped with new message from Riya. I immediately opened and read.

Riya's Message:

Brother I need to go to some place with my friend in your car, I will meet you in the afternoon.

*Oh looks like today is a bad day, you need to take the cab then* my brain replied.

I then replied her

My Message: Ok Riya, don't drive fast and take care of yourself.

Riya's Message: Ok brother, byee

My Message: byee

I immediately called the cab service from the app in my phone but as my brain suggested my luck was so worse that cab service won't be available for next one hour in that area and would be blocked by police because a politician is going in that road. Ahh, I groaned loudly reading the message in that app and finally decided to walk till there.

*Yeah... a very bad day* my brain said which I ignored and started to walk. After 1 hour reached the jewelry shop but stopped in the entrance only because of my talented brain's opinion