Chapter - 24

Aakash pov:

After having breakfast, and Priya being dissapointed as there are no pillows to fight we both decided to go out and buy some tools, vessels, bowls and spoons essential for kitchen.  Oh God the traffic in Mumbai is much more worse than traffic in Bangalore.

I asked my father to drop my car in vehicle transportation. It will reach here within 4 days. So we have no option other than preferring public transport. She held my hand tightly and we both stood in the city bus.

*is she scared ? 🤔* my brain asked.

*hmm yeah. She is holding my hand very tightly* I replied.

*It's a new place, so she is scared I guess* my brain said for which I nodded.

Finally after an hour we reached the famous kitchenware shop. Priya and I selected the necessary items along with fridge.  As we did shopping for around Rs. 20,000  excluding the price of fridge, they decided to agree on door delivery.

Thank God.  Or else I don't know how we both can carry them to home. Then we went to near by Ice cream parlour and ate the special ice cream of that parlour. After that we went to another shop for buying a nice LED TV. As this is not so heavy and easily transported they didn't offer door delivery.

So, we both took the TV and left to home in a cab. Thus the return journey was peaceful😃

*why ? Because you could glance at  Priya every now and then?🤔* my brain questioned me.

I chuckled hearing that and nodded my head. In the city bus as there was rush because of lot of passengers and we couldn't even breathe properly, but it was comfortable in cab.

We got down in the nearest supermarket near our house and bought all items necessary for cleaning the house like broom stick and some liquids like dettol and Colin. After reaching home we both cleaned the house, though Priya didn't allow me to clean I did help her. By the time we arranged all the cables of TV, our kitchen products also reached home so we both then arranged them too.

Then Priya heated Milk on the electric stove so that they overflow from bowl. It's a tradition that is followed when anyone buys new house or starts living in new house, it is believed that happiness also overflows in the house if milk is heated until it overflows. (This is done only once)

As I was tired I slept on the floor, out of habit I thought there would be a pillow but in reality there wasn't any which resulted in hitting my head harder. Then I felt something placed under my head. I smiled and drifted off into sleep.

My peaceful sleep was disturbed when I heard my phone ringing, so I got up and started rubbing eyes.

*these days it's been a monster and disturbing you* my brain said.

*it is* I said and answered the phone. It was from home to know whether we have landed properly and reached home safely or not.

When I came back a, I found Priya lying in place next to mine and placed her hand straightly in her shoulder level.

*I think it was her hand which you used as pillow😉* my brain said and I nodded.

I nodded and went towards her and kissed her forehead and started slightly rubbing the area on her hand on, where I placed my head. Then she woke up.

"Oh Umm sorry Priya. Go back to sleep"

She smiled and said
"It's ok"

But I sat on the floor leaning onto wall for support and gestured Priya to place her head in my lap and lay down. She did and I started brushing her hair until she slept and slowly I too drifted off into sleep.

It was almost 8pm when we woke up.

"Hey"

"What time is it?"

"Just 8pm"

"8pm?? We slept entire afternoon and evening too😓 and I didn't called my parents ohh God, my angee will kill me now"

"Angee?"

"Yeah my mom's nickname's nick name"

I chuckled and said "Don't worry my parents called me and I informed them to talk to your parents too"

"Oh ok. What's next"

"Shopping again"

"Oh noo😐it's so tiring"

"Common Priya it will be fun. Let's go and by some pillows and blankets. Where as bed, dressing table, sofa set, dining table and chairs will be door delivered tomorrow morning. Now common let's go"

After half an hour we left into nearest shop and bought all  sufficient blankets and few extra pillows.

*pillows for pillow fight?* my brain asked

I smiled and nodded. In the return journey towards home we took a cab as we can't carry them and walk. I took the opportunity and showed few places  where Priya can buy groceries and a near supermarket. After reaching home she took a blanket and pillow and started arranging them to sleep again.

"Priya we need to go out now?"

"Again?"

"Yeah. Let's go out and have dinner"

"No Aakash I am so tired please let me sleep for some more time"

"Ohh then let's order from a good restaurant"

She nodded and I ordered and it took another hour for them to deliver that. But Priya slept again so I took the parcel and arranged sufficient plates and water and woke her up. She was still sleeping so I started feeding her and she ate and slept in my arms.

--------------------------
Author's note:

Hi everyone. How is today's chapter? Please comment your views in the comments section.

Please vote and share the story if you like it. Thanks once again for your awesome support.☺☺

By
orange_marigold