Chapter - 7

Priya's pov:

After the lunch we all left for the biggest jewelry shop in Hyderabad. There were thousands of rings made of different metals like gold, platinum, titanium and some of them are studded with diamonds. Aakash and I tried almost all the rings suggested by everyone, which were liked by some people and where as others disliked them. But there was one pair of rings that were simple yet elegant. When Aakash and I tried that rings it looked perfect for both of us and everyone approved them.

No wonder it took around 3 hours for selecting among thousands of other rings, but it's definitely worth it. All of them were tired except my brother.

"As everyone looked tired, I think its time for an energetic treat. What do you say guys?" said my brother.

"Definitely"

"Of course"

"Let's go now" everyone said.

We then went to an ice cream parlor. Everyone were busy eating ice cream then my brother said

"Aakash, because of you I couldn't say that dialogue."

"Dialogue?? What dialogue?"

"Well it's something that every brother would definitely tell to his sister's husband"

"Is it?? Then you should definitely tell me"

"Umm ..."

"Hey it's ok, go ahead and speak"

"Take care of my sister and treat her well. If I ever see or hear Priya speaking sadly or crying because of you then I will punch your face without even a second thought" said my brother in a single breath.

I was shocked listening to it. I mean I heard lot of elder brothers telling those words but didn't expect it from my little brother.

"After what happened today do you really think my brother will treat your sister badly" said Riya fuming with anger.

Aakash tried to calm her down but she wasn't in a mood to listen.

"Well I know that Aakash will definitely take care of my sister, that's why I have said in the starting that I couldn't say that dialogue" replied my brother.

"Ohh ok" replied riya giving an apologetic look.

"Well there is nothing to be scared of, I promise to take care of your sister. Ok?" said Aakash.

My brother nodded his head and then we all continued eating our half melted ice cream.

We all bid bye to everyone and I took blessings from Aakash parents and then Aakash left to register office.

My family reached our house and everyone were silent trying to digest the news that I will be getting married within 5 days. So, I decided to lighten up their mood.

"Dad, how about we go out now and buy some pillows?"

"Pillows?? Now??"

"Well you see my sweet little brother revealed the information that I broke 2 records in my life on a single day"

"Yeah, so?"

"What do you mean so?? I imagined throwing 1000 pillows on his face today after reaching house"

"What?? Let me guess Priya ate her brain along with ice cream I guess" said my brother.

"Will you buy pillows if I say yes for that statement?" I asked my father.

"Hahaha ha that's true priya ate her brain, Priya ate her brain, Priya ate her barin. I'm really concerned about Aakash now. How will he manage you? Poor guy" said my brother.

At that time some one handed me a pillow which I threw on my brother's face and as usual he dodged it. Great I guess I need little bit of practice in having pillow fight.

Aakash's pov:

I couldn't complete the application procedure in register office because we need to submit some certificates. I came back to my father's home and started to search the necessary certificates in my locker. Then a box fell from there which I took carefully in my hands. It contains the saree which I bought with my first salary. I bought dresses for everyone and gave them, except this saree. Placing the saree in the locker is the only option I had because if I place it in wardrobe anyone would see that. I thought of gifting it to Priya after marriage. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard knock on the door and I hurriedly placed the saree box in the locker.

"Hey Riya, do you want anything?" I asked Riya composing myself.

"No. But I want to talk with you"

"Ok tell me"

"Why you didn't scold Priya's brother when he warned you?"

I laughed at her thought and said

"My dear sweet Riya, there is nothing wrong in it. That's just a brotherly instinct and infact I also said almost the same dialog.."

I coughed trying to distract her.

"What do you mean by you almost said that same dialogue? Huh?"

"That was just in a normal conversation Riya" I tried to cover up but I guessed she didn't buy it.

"Care to explain?" she said with the serious face.

"Umm.. well... actually"

"Go ahead and continue the sentence"

I nodded and said

"I have seen a guy following you while you were going to college bus stop near our house and at that time I warned him that I will punch his face if I ever see him in this area or near you"

Riya hugged me and said

"You are such sweet brother"

"Am I??"

"Of course you are"

"Now tell me do you find anything wrong regarding Priya's brother warning?"

"Noo"

"Is there anything do you want talk to about?"

"No nothing brother"

"Ok then I have some work and I need to take few certificates and submit them in the register office."

"Do you want any help brother?"

Thanks for asking me Riya but no because you will definitely ask a lot of questions about the saree. I politely said

"Its ok Riya I will manage you go and take rest because we need to travel back to Hyderabad and go to wedding dress shopping tomorrow."

Because of this journey I'm tired and immediately retired to sleep.

In the morning I saw a missed call from Priya's number. I smiled and called her. Its ringing but no one answered. I called for the second time then the call was answered

"Hello Priya"

"Hahaha Aakash any reason for calling Priya this early morning?" her brother asked.

I smiled. " I have received a call from Priya yesterday night but didn't answer as I fell asleep so fast"

"She might have called to know whether you all have reached your house or not. Don't worry I will tell her to call you when she wakes up. Ok?"

"Yeah Thanks , bye"

"Bye"

------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. How is today's chapter?

I would like to know your opinion and views so please do tell your views in the comment section below.

If you like the story please vote, comment and share it.

by,

orange_marigold.