Chapter - 20

Aakash's pov:

After walking for 20 minutes we both saw a park. Priya and I looked at each other and we both decided to walk towards it.

"Aakash, do you think mom and dad would be here?"

"Don't know Priya, but let's try to search at least."

The closer we got, the park seems more deserted. I couldn't see a living creature in there. Priya's grip on my left arm increased, I think she is getting scared so, I tried to assure her.

"Don't go for bad conclusion because it only scares us ,Priya"

She nodded but I could still see the same scared expression on her face. After walking for 5 more minutes we both stopped suddenly trying to digest what we saw. Both of our mouths hung open  and were touching ground.

My mom and dad were sitting on the bench in the park and we're busy feeding ice cream to each other. Priya and I looked each other and obviously decided to disturb them. We stood behind one tree so that we can watch them and I called my father which he picked up after 4 rings muttering something for disturbing him.

"Hello dad"

"Ohh hello son.!!!"

"Dad, as shopping mall was closed because of remodelling we decided to come back home, but the door is locked. Where are you and mom?"

I could see curious expression on my mom's face and my father's face has sad expression, then my father kept my phone on hold and explained the situation to my mom.

"Aakash and Priya came to home"

Then my mom replied
"Oh ok. Let's go to home then" and started to get up but my father dragged her and forced her to sit in her place only. Watching that Priya chuckled but I closed her mouth and said in very low voice to not make sound for which she nodded.

They looked at each other for a moment and my father removed "hold" option and said

"Son, I got an important call from our business client that he was admitted in hospital and we both went to see him."

I tried to sound as disappointed as possible and said
"Which business client? and what happened to him, dad?"

I could see my father scratching his head and my mom laughing at his idea. Then I said

"Hello dad..hello?"

"Yes son I'm on your call only"

"Dad tell us the address of the hospital, we will come and visit him right now"

"What??...oh I mean he is fine now, son"

I could see Priya trying to control her laughter by closing her mouth and my mom doing the same action too. Then I asked my dad

"What happened to him?"

"Umm.. he is... ill..as he met with an accident"

*oh my God, your father's expression was awesome. Couldn't you capture the moment by taking the photo?* my brain asked which I did by putting my phone in silent mode and turning off flash.

*good. I am impressed by your thought of turning off flash light* my brain appreciated me.

"What?? Accident??? Then he need to be in hospital for more days right? ?"

My father scratched his head again and my mom softly brushed his hair and held his hand. Suddenly my father's face lit up and he said

"Hello... hel..hello..hello" my moving phone distantly so that voice won't be clear. I didn't miss the moment and took a photo of it and I could see Priya opening her mouth by seeing my father.