Chapter - 26

Priya's pov:

Suddenly I heard a scream and the grip on my neck decreased a bit.  I tried to free myself and glanced at the person who was strong  and dare enough to scare THIS gang leader. Then I heard this gang leader screaming and leaving me which made me trip and fall down as I wasn't able to balance myself.

It was then I noticed, it's not a person who scared and in fact it's a dog.

*Dogs are really the good protectors* my brain said.

I think, it's some street dog and wasn't adapted by any one because there was no dog's collar (dog's belt) around its neck and the dog also looked so weak that it's bones were visible.

Few people recovered from it and tried to attack the dog by throwing some stones available on the road side. Few stones hit it hard but it didn't stop glaring at them and continued to bite who ever is near to her. 

I decided to help her and started  collecting the stones near the dog and threw those towards them. My aim wasn't perfect but at least half of them got hurt because of the stones and I got bruises on hand and face too.

I didn't stop and continued to throw stones and dog was also sitting near me biting gang leader when ever he tries to get up and hurt me. After 15 more minutes of this fight, police came and started pushing them towards their jeep.

They also called an ambulance for nursing my wounds. After the doctor completed dressing the wounds on my face and hands, I requested him to look at dog and cure it. He immediately accepted and started treating the dog. The tears in the dog's eyes made me cry too. 

*may be the treatment is hurting her* my brain suggested and I started to stroke the dog's head lightly and it started crying more.

*may be you are causing more  pain* my brain said

I was scared listening to it and stop stroking it's head. After 2 minutes it turned towards me and  started to lick my fingers. As I never had a dog so I didn't understand what she was trying to say. Then the doctor in ambulance said

"She likes while you stroke her head"

"But..but..tears"

"Those are out of happiness and definitely not because of pain"

I smiled and started stroking it's head again. It licked my fingers again and closed its eyes. Then I heard a voice which I recognized.

Suddenly the half opened ambulance door was fully opened and Aakash stood there with eyes turned red and a lot of tears in his eyes.

The moment I saw it was him, I ran into his arms and he caught me tightly. We stood there hugging each other ignoring the presence of others. I don't know why but I feel so happy and secured in his arms. Suddenly he broke the hug and looked towards me it was then I noticed myself too.

The dress was torn a little bit near my knee and a lot of blood was coming out. There were bruises on my hands and I guess the tight grip of that gang leader on my neck would have left few red marks on my skin. Aakash slightly brushed his thumb over my neck and I relaxed for a moment. Then I dragged him in to the ambulance and showed the dog.

He looked at me with a question mark on his face and explained him the whole situation. He gave a light smile and said

"Priya, if you like pet animals and not allergic to it, shall we adopt it"

"I never had a pet animal but would like to adopt her" I replied smiling at him.

"Her?" Aakash asked me.

"Yeah. She is a female dog and I even a thought a name to her too"

Aakash smiled and said
"Please Priya I beg you, please..please.. don't choose some cartoon name of your favorite show"

I tried to laugh ignoring the pain in my left cheek..and said
"Well as she is in gold color, the name 'Goldie' would suit her"

Aakash smiled nodding his head and carried Goldie in his arms. When we started walking towards the road we saw people standing to one side. I didn't say anything and continued to walk holding Aakash's left hand for support then I heard someone from the group speaking

"Look at her. I think her husband would surely leave her after this incident"

Aakash stopped listening to that and scanned the group to know who said that dialogue. Then we both heard another person speaking

"Looks like this woman has to live as a divorcee for rest of the life as he is going to divorce her."

This time Aakash looked very seriously and his eyes turned into pure red color. He again scanned the group to see who said but by the time he looked that person would shut his mouth. When we resumed walking again someone said

"Her life is wasted and she can't be.." before he could complete the sentence Aakash placed Goldie in my hands and punched that person right on his nose.

*is there any specific reason for punching on the nose because the woman in the supermarket did the same too?* my brain asked.

I didn't reply as I was concentrating on what was going on in front of my eyes. Aakash was punching that person until he begged that he won't speak such kind of words.

Then police interfered and arrested him too. But Aakash didn't stop and turned towards crowd and shouted in high pitch voice

"If anyone dare to speak anything about my wife in a wrong way you people will be in jail. And one more thing there is nothing wrong on my wife's side. It's only that stupid gang leader and his gang behaved badly, so scold them for such behavior and not my wife."

Then someone from the group said
"Are you going to say the same thing if they would have raped your wife? Won't you blame her?"

Aakash turned towards him and said
"Of course it's their mistake and DEFINITELY not my wife's mistake. And you know what you people are similar to that gang leader only, instead of stopping them and shouting at them, you people are pointing towards my wife. I really pity the people who are baring you at your home"

After listening to Aakash no one uttered a single word and he took Goldie from my arms and carefully held her. After that police dropped both of us in our apartment.

Everyone  were staring at me and giving a wired looks and Aakash also observed it and shouted
"Get lost and focus on your work"

Everyone rushed from there to their homes and we both also walked towards the lift.

--------------------------
Author's note:
Hi everyone. How is today's chapter?  Please comment your opinion in the comments section below.

Please vote and share the story if you like it.

By
orange_marigold.