Chapter - 38

Author's Note:

Hi everyone. I follow a profile on Wattpad called "Ambassadors". Recently they have posted a message that we need to change our passwords for Wattpad account immediately as some third party service supplier discovered a security vulnerability that may have impacted Wattpad users. To protect our privacy they have strongly recommended to change our passwords immediately.

You can change password after logging into your account and choosing option "account settings" or before log in click on "forgot password" option and check your mail for the next instructions about changing the password.

Priya's pov:

I never expected that Aakash would say those beautiful words to me and decide to be with me. I was more than happy listening to them.

*if you are done re-living the happy moments then please register for job*my brain suggested and I also focused on the online application I have to submit today. I filled out the form which took a good 20 minutes. Then I received a mail about my successful registration and the dates of written test and interviews.

The written test was in a week which is on English and Quantitative Aptitude. If I clear the written test then after 2 days there will be interviews which are face to face interviews about my resume, projects I have done and all the stuff about technical knowledge.

*start preparation right now* my brain said and I also nodded my head. I am not an expert in math but I am good at it. But to increase my confidence levels I decided to practice the sample questions in maths and mainly focus on speed and accuracy.

So, in order to clear written test I did one thing that I never did in my entire life. Wondering what it is right? Well..I..Mrs. Priya Varma woke up at 4 am in the morning everyday in the week to prepare.

*wow, I am impressed..but can do you me a favor?* my brain asked and I nodded.

*well, make sure you check the weather condition everyday because any part of the world could be affected by floods or cyclones or tsunami because of your wake up timings*

*oh my god* I was really angry listening to that and kicked my brain and it fell far away.

On the before day of the written test I was preparing as usual then Aakash asked about his neck tie but I replied

"A father said to his son, 'I was as old as you are at the present, at the time of your birth'. If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was----"

He looked confused and said "huh?"

*he asked something but you didn't focus on it* my brain said.

I looked guilty and said

"Um..sorry Aakash, I didn't pay attention when you spoke. What did you ask me?"

He smiled and sat next to me. He then took the book on which I am practicing and read the question loud. I smiled listening to his voice.

*FOCUS* my brain said strictly.

After reading it, he looked at me and said

"The answer is 14 years, Priya"

"WHAT?...how did you manage to calculate that fast?" I asked and he smiled again and said

"Practice"

I decided to check the answer and grabbed the book from his hands and turned the pages till I found the answer for that question and surprisingly... he ...was correct. I sighed, common I took minimum of 3 minutes to understand the question properly but he just said the answer within seconds. If I solve the question with my speed then can I even pass the written test?