Chapter - 8

Priya pov:

(conversation between Priya and her mother-in-law)

"Please don't beat me. I beg you please"

"I said that I don't want a working daughter-in-law"

"But you didn't tell me before marriage and in fact you said me after Aakash and I got married"

"You are right. But at that time I thought you and my son would get married in hi fi wedding location in presence of thousands of guests"

"I want people who are important to me stay with me when I'm getting married."

"Why?? Just to insult our family before everyone?? What am I supposed to answer everyone when they ask about your stupid register office marriage??"

"No matter what I always respect you and your family. But if you had problem why didn't you tell me at that time only?"

"If I speak you would start crying again like you did when we all came to see you at your home and the other reason is my son never liked anyone but first time when you both started talking to each other I saw the real happiness in his eyes. That's why I agreed"

"Please try to understand my situation at that time. I wasn't mentally prepared for it, that's the reason behind my cry"

"You got a wedding proposal from a VARMA family, remember? ?, what does any girl want more than that"

"Why do you always think that only FINANCIAL STATUS is important?"

"DID YOU JUST RAISE YOUR VOICE IN FRONT OF MY MOM?" Aakash said.

"I didn't mean to, but she was speaking too low of my family status by comparing it to yours"

"THAT ISN'T SOMETHING WRONG"

"But still it hurts because it's about MY parents whom your mom is speaking about" I tried to explain.

*Slap*

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK LIKE THAT? NOW DON'T YOU DARE UTTER A SINGLE WORD", Aakash shouted at me in high tone.

He dragged me into a guest room and locked me from outside. I cried more and requested him to open the door as I was scared to be locked like that. But guess what, there was no response. I cried more remembering that it was Aakash who spoke that life is a book and marriage is an important chapter and the pages turn into beautiful only based on how the couple understands each other and stand by their side. Wow Mr. Aakash Varma, you REALLY understand me a lot.

Why are you behaving like this Aakash? Forget about love, I always thought that at least you liked me. It's you who have shown me a happy future but now it's ONLY YOU who is making our lives worse. I cried and cried till my eyes got swollen and there were no more tears. By the time I woke up I couldn't see anything because the room was dark. I thought it was late night and called for Aakash. I was actually scared to be in dark places and that too alone.

"Aakash please open the door"

*no response*

"Aakash please, don't leave me alone like this. Please Aakash. Please open the door"

*no response*

I sat near the door and sobbed my heart out until sleep took over.

Suddenly I heard sound of keys which I think probably belong to lock of the room in which I was staying at present. Then I felt a large amount of water on my face and with that my I woke up completely. As the room was dark I couldn't see the person kneeling down in front of me but as my heartbeat increased I thought it was him, because it's only him who could make my heartbeat increase like that.