Chapter - 27

Aakash's pov:

I was busy discussing the details of my new project and having  introductions with my team mates. Suddenly the receptionist came running towards me without even asking permission for entering the conference room and said

"Sir..emergency..phone?"

"Whose phone ? And what emergency ?" I asked her.

"Your wife ...chase..." She said uttered.

*what??*

"What happened to Priya ?"

"Call.."

"Speak clearly" I shouted at her.

She had tears in her eyes and gave the phone to me.

"Hello"

"I saw few rowdy guys chasing your wife near the supermarket"

"Where?" I asked in hurry and ran towards the exit door of the conference hall not caring about the conference.

"Near our apartment" He said and the line went disconnected.

"Taxi ...taxi.." I called a nearby taxi and jumped into it shouting the address.

All the vehicle were stopped from certain distance and some police were also standing there. I took my wallet to pay the driver but only Rs 2000 note was and I paid it and ran towards the police.

I could hear the driver shouting
"Sir, the amount is only Rs 150"

I just ignored it and ran towards police

"Sir, I got a call.."

"Please wait sir.."

"WHAT THE HECK? HOW DO YOU THINK I COULD WAIT? I GOT A NEWS THAT MY WIFE WAS BEING CHASED BY SOME GANG, INSTEAD OF PROTECTING HER ..DO YOU WANT ME TO KEEP QUITE?" I shouted at him not caring that I was speaking to a police officer on duty.

Then another officer came and asked me to go along with him. I observed the path, there was blood on the road, there were stones scattered on the road and few of them even had blood stains and ..

*wait did..Did they hit Priya with those stones ?* my brain asked.

I didn't reply anything but just rushed in the forward direction hoping to find some clue about my wife. After 5 minutes of running we found a ambulance which was half opened and I stopped running and stood there.

*Hey why did you stop?* my brain asked me.

*what if...what if..something could have ...happened to Priya?*I replied.

*be strong * my brain suggested.

I nodded and starting walking towards the ambulance hoping that Priya should be fine.

"Priya" I called her, there was no response so I decided to open the door.

The moment I opened it, Priya ran towards me and jumped into my arms. I happily caught her and didn't let her go. We stood there for sometime in that position not caring about the world around us..it's just Priya and me. After sometime I broke the hug and observed her wounds.

Oh my God, she had lot of bruises on face, hands and her knee is also bleeding a lot. Then she looked longingly towards the ambulance and I too looked in the same direction to know what caught her interest.

There was a dog lying on the seat of the Ambulance and it also had lot of blood stains on its body.

*did that bite Priya?* my brain asked.