Chapter - 5

Author's note:

Hi everyone. I'm extremely sorry for the delay in posting the chapter. The only source of internet at my house is through data connection from my phone and unfortunately it fell down from my hand and display wasn't working at all. But, I used that time for writing some rough drafts of next chapters in notebook. As my phone is working properly now, I will post chapters daily.

As this chapter is about 'dowry', I thought of explaining a little about it before, so that it would be easy to understand. Dowry in India refers to cash or gold or properties like house, car etc., given by the bride's family to her bridegroom's family. In most of the families this tradition is followed. But, because of greed few people torture their wife to bring more and more money from her parent's family. There are still few people who marry the girl without any dowry and will not make her feel uncomfortable by asking to bring dowry from her parents and those people definitely deserves a big salute.

Chapter - 5
That day in the evening when my entire family is present I started telling them what Aakash and I discussed in coffee shop regarding wedding and dowry. My father was so angry that he shouted

"Don't you trust us? How dare you request him not to take dowry and have a register office wedding? DO YOU THINK I CAN'T GIVE DOWRY? WHAT DID I DO?? WHY ARE YOU INSULTING US BY DOING THINGS LIKE THESE?"

My brother tried to stop my dad. But he couldn't. I was scared and tears started spilling from my eyes. Even my angel was also angry on me.

"But I..I.. don't think that ..it's.. something wrong to discuss these kind of things with the to-be life partner. I don't want my brother to suffer from any financial problem like I had. Is.. it wrong to think like that?" I said sobbing continuously.

If it's wrong then why did Aakash praise me for being a nice sister?? Does a grand wedding only make families happy? Why can't it be simple? Even Aakash want it that way, and he even said he is fine with register office marriage. Argh a question marathon again.

My father looked at me very seriously and my angel gave a disappointed look. I really don't know what to do now. Should I inform Aakash that my father wishes to give dowry and is looking for a grand wedding?? But is it right thing to do?

At that time Sudheer uncle's number flashed on my father's phone with a loud ringtone.

My father decided to shout at me "WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I SPEAK TO HIM NOW? YOU ARE NOT GOOD FOR ANYTHING. YOU ARE SPOILING MY FRIENDSHIP WITH SUDHEER"

My brother finally succeed in stopping my dad from yelling. But I cried more not knowing what to do. I asked Aakash at that moment because it felt right. But now? I don't know!! I just wish my dad will be normal after talking to Sudheer uncle.

"Yeah Sudheer tell me", my dad said.

"I just called to talk to you about the marriage of Aakash and priya"

"Yeah tell me"

"My son likes your daughter and wishes to marry her. I guess she also likes him. can you just ask her?"

"Oh don't worry about it Sudheer any way the marriage would happen. But for your information she said us today morning that she wants to marry Aakash"

"Wow. We are going to be relatives then"

"Of course without any doubt"

"Ok then I will inform this news to my entire family and call you back"

"Ok Sudheer"

Once the call ended my father gave look and said me

"See, just now Sudheer called and asked whether you want to marry his son or not. They are such a nice family. You will be happy there. I know I can't match with Varma's family status but we still want to give you a good wedding."