Chapter 12

Maddy's P.O.V.

By the time Robbie and I get to Texas, it's almost 5:00.

"So we'll just drop off our stuff at the hotel, and we can head straight to the theater," Robbie tells me when we get our stuff from baggage claim.

"Hotel?" I question him.

"Yeah, you'll like it. I even got us a king sized bed," Robbie nudges me.

"You're lying," I roll my eyes as we walk out of the airport.

"No I'm not," Robbie shakes his head.

The man working to get taxi's, lifts his hand up to get us one, and the yellow cab pulls up for us. Robbie and I put our stuff in the front, and then we both sit in the back.

"Comfort Inn," Robbie says to the taxi driver.

"I am not sleeping with you Robbie Kay," I sigh.

"Would you rather sleep on the floor?" Robbie does this thing with his eyebrows, and I can't really explain it. It does give me butterflies, though.

"You couldn't have simply gotten two separate beds?" I ask the gorgeous boy sitting next to me.

As much as I actually do want to sleep with him, I gotta convince him that I don't. This whole "me liking Robbie" thing has gone out of control. And I need to reel it back in.

"Now that wouldn't be any fun would it?" Robbie smirks at me.

We banter back and fourth for the rest of the taxi ride.

I must admit, the hotel is nicer than I imagined. Robbie gets the hotel cards and we head to our room. It's on the third level.

"Brace yourself," Robbie grins before opening our room door.

I inhale deeply, and Robbie opens the door. We both step inside and set down our bags. He really wasn't kidding. In front of us is a giant king sized bed, with white sheets.

"Oh my god Robbie," I cover my face with my hands.

"I know you like it," Robbie says.

"Can we just go? We can deal with one problem at a time," I sigh.

"You know what's your problem, Maddy Grace? You're too tense. Would you like me to fix that for you?" Robbie says trapping me between him and the wall.

Yes, you can definetly fix that, I think to myself. And thank god I didn't say that out loud. But he looks so cute. With his lovely hair, and his green eyes, and that smirk that's almost always plastered on that perfect face of his. Jeez do I want him to kiss me.

"You know what Robbie Kay? I am so sick of this," I push him off of me.

"It's alright. They'll be a lot of pretty girls at the screening," Robbie says and leads me out of the room.

I'm not sure he realizes how much those words actually affected me. I mean, they shouldn't. But they do. To be honest, I don't want him looking at other girls. I know damn well that they're all prettier than me. I know it sounds stupid. I want Robbie to like me, but I'm trying not to like him back. Why am I trying so hard anyways? I'm in Houston, Texas. 1000 miles from home. Maybe I should just let go a little bit.

"You okay?" Robbie asks stopping when he realizes I'm following far behind.

I nod without saying anything. He is just a boy. This shouldn't matter.

"I didn't mean that Mads. You know you're going to be the prettiest there," Robbie puts his arm around me.

"Oh puh-lease," I roll my eyes.

"It's true. Just you wait and see," Robbie whispers in my ear and we leave the hotel.

Robbie's wrong. So so wrong. When we get there, a bunch of girls are lined up. All prettier than me. Much much much prettier. This was a bad idea. This is worse than I thought it would be.

We sit down in the middle of the theater before the security guards let the girls in.

I'm in a daze as all the girls talk to Robbie. I'm positive he loves the attention. All the girls are so pretty. And he knows it too. By the time the movie starts, I'm fiery with jealousy. I saw how he looked at one girl in particular. She had short blonde hair, which was perfectly straight, and even though she had braces, she was still extremely beautiful.

Ways to Live Forever is really good, and I literally start crying. And not just because Robbie kisses a girl in there. But I do nudge him everytime he does.

When I think the screening to be over, the pretty blonde girl tells Robbie something, and he nods before standing up. I stand up too awkwardly.

Then someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see a girl maybe a year or two younger than me.

"Are you and Robbie dating?" The girl asks me.

"Robbie and me, dating? I would never date that loser," I laugh.

That's lying. Even to myself.

"Excuse you," Robbie whispers in my ear.

"Good. He's mine," The girl grins at Robbie.

We stay a little bit longer to talk to people, which Robbie obviously really likes to do. He's so nice with his fans, and I love that. Except it's almost 11, and I want to sleep.

"I guess I'm gonna leave. But thank you to everyone! Thanks for coming! It was great meeting you," Robbie says, his british accent echoing through the room.

Some girls sigh or boo, but Robbie and I take off anyways.

"Sorry if that was really boring," Robbie apoligizes when we're out of that place.

"It wasn't boring," I lie.

Robbie puts his hand up for a taxi.

"It really means a lot to me that you care this much to go to these things with me," Robbie smiles as a cab pulls up.

We both get inside.

"Thanks for dragging me along with you here," I say.

"Selfie time!" Robbie pulls out his phone from his pocket.

We take a bunch of selfies; serious, mad, sad, happy, crazy, laughing, etc.

When the cab pulls up at our hotel, Robbie pays him and we enter Comfort Inn.

"Who are you tweeting now?" I ask as Robbie and I walk to our room, him typing on our phone.

"This one girl that was at the screening," Robbie replies simply.

I wonder if it was that one girl... "Hannah," He says.

My lungs feel like they're filled up with air that's stuck inside me. My stomach drops. That was her name. I remember now.

"Oh," I bite my lip.

"Oh come on Maddy," Robbie shuts his phone off and unlocks our door.

"What?" I ask, shocked he even noticed.

"Why are you so upset that I'm tweeting Hannah?" Robbie asks, making eye contact.

I look away.

"Because," I change my voice to a whisper, "I saw the way you looked at her."

Robbie hits himself in the head, as I stare blankly. What was that?

"Oh my god Maddy. Maybe you should stop noticing how I look at other people, and instead pay attention to how I look at you," Robbie says and takes a step closer to me.

What's that supposed to mean?

"I thought we were just friends," I say quietly.

"Do you want to be just friends?" Robbie asks me, taking another step closer to me.

"No," I whisper honestly.

As someone wise once said: YOLO.

Robbie takes the final step that closes the gap in between us, and starts to lean in...

A/N: WHAT EVEN????????? robbie what r u doin? and maddy is jelly omgggggggg. im not even sure what i just wrote but i hope its good. finally something's happenin here. how does everyone like the story so far???? maddy and robbie????? PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!! comments make me a happy kate(((: anyways the screening was tonight so ya this is why im posting now. but ya plz vote and comment! ilysm thank u 4 reading. Xx-Kate.

*not edited*