IV - Ryder Crawford

I stare at my ticket to Nashville with a huge grin on my face.

'This is it, the start of my dreams and finally doing something I have wanted my whole life.' I think to myself, touching the surface of my plane ticket.

Although I still feel selfish about just leaving everything and everyone here, all of my loved ones were supportive of my decision and are all excited for me.

My phone beeps and I quickly look over it and see it's a text from Abigail

I'll come over for a sleepover after ur shitshift k nerd? And tmrw we r going out!! 🙌🏾

Rolling my eyes, I send a reply

Be home at eleven bring ice cream along your doof-ness, duffus. 🙄

The I huff out and headed to JP's record shop for my afternoon shift.

One last shift before I leave and hopefully return with my records being sold in that very shop.

***

It's a little over 9 PM and I have been trotting around assisting the very few customers that ever come here.

I've been zoning out from time to time, my mind drifting away imagining what Nashville would be like.

"Ms. Jones customer at the far back!" Richard calls out returning me back to earth.

Making me sigh and drag my feet towards the customer.

As I reached him, I was taken aback by his towering height I glance at him from a distance.

He was wearing a plain white polo unbuttoned a button too far, black tattered skinny jeans, khaki booties, an orange beanie and thick framed eyeglasses.

His jawline extremely defined, cutting deep against his neck, a protruded adam's apple sticks out bobbing up and down as he swallows making him ooze with masculinity and then deep dimples showing to the structured side of his face as he lazily chews on his gum whilst shuffling records.

Damn, from only seeing his side profile I can already tell this boy is hella something.

I almost want to tell Abigail an actual hot guy is in the store.

I have a boyfriend I know but hey, you got to give credit to where it's due.

Noticing my probably rude staring, I mean it is still considered rude to stare at people right?

He glances, slightly tilting his head to the side but not fully facing me.

"Like what you see?" He suddenly speaks with his unmistakably British accent, the sudden sound makes me jump a little.

My mind went to overdrive, I know that raspy voice all too well.

With just a few words I could tell who's timbre it belongs, I've listened to that voice too many times.
"Holy fucking love for cannoli you're..." I gasp but got interrupted by a large, warm hand landing flat on my mouth, my body swirled around then my back lands on his firm chest.

My eyes widen and my head move automatically to look at the face on my right, I see his green orbs and all his facial glory mere centimeters away from mine.

He pulls me to the corner and whispers "Two choices, I'll knock you out or you keep your mouth shut"

My eyes widen even more if that was even possible and I swallow deep.

"I'll pick the latter if I were you" he whispers again, his minty breath fanning the side of my face.

My breath hitches and cheeks burn but pulled myself together and nodded.

His hand loosens and slowly left the surface of my face.

I blink and turned to face him, still in a state of shock, eyes wide and mouth opened like the Pacific Ocean.

It's Ryder Crawford A.K.A the biggest thing in music right now and probably ever.

"Wha-What can I help you with?" I stutter fiddling the thumb of my now clammy hands.

He rolls his eyes "Can you be more obvious? At Fillmore East" He shrugs but was about to continue when I interrupted him "The Allman Brothers Band, great choice" raising my eyebrows and begin walking towards one of the aisle.

He pulls his beanie lower to his face, almost covering his entire forehead and follows behind me.

'So much for a disguise' I laugh internally.

"You really shouldn't speak when you're attempting to hide on plain sight." I say whilst walking through an aisle.

"Enlighten me" he replies silently enough for just the two of us to hear.

His voice making my whole body a goose bumps explosion.

I turn around to face him, his head bobs up lazily and I'm attacked again by his undeniable perfection he calls his face.

My lips tremble and blurt out "You have a very distinguishing voice, anyone who actually listens will know"

His eyes dart to mine and he smirks.

My eyes widen again and turned my back around quickly then start walking again.

I feel my ears turn tomato red and my cheeks feel like they're on fire.

I stop at the far end of one of the aisles where not a lot of people really go to, mind boggling when this is where the best records are.

I shuffle through a few records and pull out one from the back.

Dusting it off, I hand it to him reluctantly as it is the last of that album in this store and I happen to like listening to it from time to time.

He takes it quickly and a sly smile appears on his chiseled face "I take it you like it" He says waving the record at me.

I nodded shakily and said "It's the only one left. Separation anxieties I guess."

"Sorry love it's mine now." He replies flatly, turned his back and headed towards the checkout counter.

Jerk.

But that just happened, I just met Ryder Crawford.

Then all the blood rushed down my body as I realized I should've probably networked myself!

Stupid hormonal induced star struck, I had a whole five minute interaction with him and I didn't even remember to tell him I'm an aspiring musician or give him my demo CD.

That was a chance of a lifetime and I just watched it walk away.

My feet moved automatically and then began sprinting towards the counter, I slide my Keds sneakers to stop my speed and take a sharp left.

When I reached the counter huffing I look up,

Gone.

"No running at any time!" Richard calls out angrily from the counter.

I sigh and dropped my head walking back to the aisles.

Note:

I'll try and update everyday, I'm still wishing for a comment or vote :( :)

Xx