96 - Go Ahead

"Good morning Ms. Jones this is Elise calling for Mr. S, I hope this is a good time?" Elise's voice rings out from the other line.

I sat up from Ryder's arm from bed and his eye lids flutter open slowly and then peers his eyes look up to me eyeing me slightly confused.

"Good morning, yeah it's fine." I said my voice slightly hoarse from just waking up.

It's the day after the awards and we're supposed to fly back to LA later in the evening.

"Sorry if I woke you but while you're in New York we were wondering if your were free to have a lunch meeting?" She asks straight to the point.

My eyes slid to Ryder whose eyebrows are furrowed staring at me as if figuring out who I was on the phone with.

"You mean with Mr. S?" I asked slightly taken by surprise.

"Yes that's correct." She answers flatly.

Ryder sits up at the mention of Mr. S, he's now looking at me more intently like he's holding back asking me what Elise and I are talking about.

"I think lunch's fine, do I come to the office?" I asked gulping down nervously, once again knowing Mr. S doesn't just casually meet with his artists.

"That's fine you can send me the address of your hotel, he wants to come to you maybe we could meet at the hotel's restaurant. I'll make the reservations." She says still with her stoic voice.

"Oh- okay? I guess I'll text it to you?" I said trailing confused out of my mind.

Mr. S the founder of Capita Records not only wants to meet with me but will personally come to where I am, it sounds so ridiculous even saying it in my mind.

Elise and I said our goodbyes and I turn my body to face Ryder, he's silent but his face tells all his questions.

"That was Elise, um she said she and Mr. S will come down here for a lunch meeting" I said sounding unsure if what I'm saying was correct.

Ryder looks taken aback himself as his eyebrows creased deeper.

"Did she say why?" He asks to which I respond by shaking my head left and right.

"She just asked if I was free for a meeting. What do you think?" I asked nervously.

His face softens and moves closer to me, levels his eyes to mine and tucks in a stray hair behind my ear.

He kisses my cheek slow and lingering before he whispered "It doesn't matter what it'll be about, we'll be together"

My lips curve up to a smile, it's incredible how just being with him has made me feel safe and somehow brave with anything. He's managed to keep me calm even in all the things that should be freaking me out, the very recent stalker scare- who to my knowledge hasn't been caught, us coming out publicly more and more- spurring a lot of rumors about us that are just ridiculous, the tour just around the corner and now add the fact that Mr. S wants a meeting with me in my hotel.

As me and Ryder get ready for the meeting, I hear him chuckle making me turn my head to him.

"I'm sorry- it's just you're so nervous, it's so amusing to watch love." he says laughingly.