LXXIX - Ignite your bones

"I'll see you when your tour's done?" I peered up to Ryder just before he leaves for his flight.

"Yeah- I'll come knocking" he says smirking.

We're stood a few excruciating feet apart, he glances to his car and then back to me.

My hands move on their own and pulled him to a hug taking him by surprise.

His body stiffened for a second but then his hands crawl up to mu hair, the other on my waist.

"We all know the real you" I whispered and I feel his head move into a nod as he takes a deep inhale.

The hug felt like it lasted forever, his body felt like I was finally home and his touch was the drug I've been having withdrawals from.

But I knew we had to break the hug and as we did, he pulls me right back and holds me tighter.

"I'll come back. I promise. Just... just hold on" he says against my neck and then kisses my forehead making tears brim from my eyes.

I nodded as our foreheads are laid with each other.

"Alright enough of the heavy- we'll take it from here" Gail rings out making me and Ryder slide our hands apart.

Ryder turns his head to look at her and smiles done then gives her a quick hug.

He looks at Karlie and they smile knowingly to each other.

"I know what you're going to say- I promise this time I'll do a much better job" She says as she spreads her arms to welcome Ryder into a hug.

I look down on my shoes to hide my tears that are about to fall and subtly wipe the side of my eyes. I know exactly what Karlie is saying when I eavesdropped on one of their conversations.

Then Ryder walks towards his car, giving us a two fingered salute. When he slid in his car, he looks at me with eyes telling so many silent words just before he smiles and closes the door.

I exhale a deep exhale as I watched his car leave the hotel.

"Come on I'll drive you guys to your apartment" Karlie says as she began walking to her car.

Abigail skips down to follow her while I drag my feet to them.

When we reached the apartment, the two started on cooking while I'm slumped on out couch wishing Ryder didn't have to leave so soon.

"Come on doll- you can learn a thing or two in baking" Karlie calls out from the kitchen.

I turn my head lazily to their direction with a blank expression her words didn't even register in my mind.

Gail rolls her eyes and pulls Karlie by her shoulder.

"Don't expect much from her- she's having one of her Ryder moods" she says.

Karlie looks at her confused then turned her head to look at me.

"Ryder moods?" She asks.

Gail turns her head and points at me, "That." She then says.

"When she begins looking like a zombie off of walking dead, she's breathing- but there's absolutely nothing on that head of hers except the ovary buster Ryder. Trust me, I found you just let her be. She'll come around later" Gail continues casually making Klaire chuckle while I gestured my lips to a growl towards Gail.

But she's right I often snap in and out of the world from time to time when Ryder creeps on my mind, only now it's worse cause now my heart's in on it too.